Paving at The Ridge Motorsports Park has begun

Randy Blaylock

Highlander Motorsports
Lakeside Paving started laying the asphalt on the road course at The Ridge this morning. There are 10 trucks with trailers on site to feed the tandem paving machines, and a total of 25 trucks in rotation between the site and the asphalt plant. The final course will be 40 feet wide. It's anticipated that the job will be finished by week's end, weather permitting.

link to pics: http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n604/GPDA/Paving begins at The Ridge Motorsports Park/

Last edited:
Looks great !! I like the double paver with the belt loader much better then the truck up against the paver method it doesn't leave humps where the truck bumps against the paver :) .. Also the side by side method also keeps the joint between each pull even. a good guy on the lute will make the seem pretty smooth !

Mike

So... track day on Sunday? :D

Funny you should ask Steve.

No.

But, we will be having a charity event in the coming weeks at the track, all proceeds above operating costs will be donated to the food bank and foster childrens fund, hopefully give them a boost right before
Christmas.

It will be low key, with low key amenities, but for a good cause. And the first person to put a wheel off (Looking at you Blaylock) will have to pay a 500 dollar fine to one of the two charities.

We'll keep you posted.

Just a quick vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUqacPzqOGY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

RP

Last edited:
Rod-
This is looking absolutely sweet and in our back yard to boot. Please keep us posted as I'm up for spreading some charity funds.
DM

Funny you should ask Steve.

No.

But, we will be having a charity event in the coming weeks at the track, all proceeds above operating costs will be donated to the food bank and foster childrens fund, hopefully give them a boost right before Christmas.

RP

I'd like to say I was hoping my post would generate that type of response, but I'm not that clever. But, oh, please, yes, as Duane said, do keep us in mind... I am SO there!

Awesome is all that I can say. And this thing is 25 miles from my house. How fantastic is that! Appreciate the continuing updates!!

Bill-

This is lookin Good or What????

I have Looked at the vidio several time trying to figure out how many turn station will be needed....???? I duno...

John Rissberger
# 10 Camaro A/S Oregon
ICSCC & SCCA

I was hoping to see an update on how the gravel was going.
And now it's being paved?
Wow. That's really moving ahead.

This is great news! Looking forward to the charity event details.

This one will hit the website tomorrow. Better overall view.

At 7:00 PM this evening, the Ridge Motorsports Park road course became a complete circuit. The two seams were matched together, and the crew cheered.

Tomorrow (saturday) the final pass will be completed, and thee track will be at its 40 foot width throughout.

Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-CrjJGIHWo

Looking forward to sneaking up there and walking the track to check out sight lines. Have you figured out where the turn stations will be yet? Hope we end up being able to see all of our flagging areas. Can't do that at ORP unfortunately.

Awesome!!! You guys are quick. Looks like a TON of fun... can't wait to turn a wheel there!

Hey Rod, will anyone get pissed off if Adam and I stop by the track for a look see on Friday? Since we are going up that general direction for the ICSCC banquet, it wouldn't take much to swing over that way, assuming we can find it. I've got Friday off so time shouldn't be a problem. Don't want to stop by if its going to cause any heartburn.

Hey Rod, will anyone get pissed off if Adam and I stop by the track for a look see on Friday? Since we are going up that general direction for the ICSCC banquet, it wouldn't take much to swing over that way, assuming we can find it. I've got Friday off so time shouldn't be a problem. Don't want to stop by if its going to cause any heartburn.

Rob, no problem on stopping by, just set a time and shoot me an email at rod@ridgemotorsportspark.com and I will give you a tour.

You will have a sight line to all turn stations, most will be well above track grade. We believe on a test day or lapping day we can run with about 6 active stations, full race weekend looks to be 12.

Rod

Back