ORP Star Event #4 track day

Mark Estes

Good time at the ORP event 4 track day today, just got back and boy does that ice cold beer taste good.

Big thanks to the pre-grid workers, corner workers and all the volunteers that made today safe and possible for me to go drive fast all day.

Great weather, mid 80's I think, little breeze just enough not too much. Track was in great shape. I'll post a video of clockwise soon in case someone wants a refresher of the course and also if you haven't seen the new curbing and flag stations. :)

There was good attendance, the paddock was full, I wonder how it'll handle a full ICSCC race day.

funny story on my drive home: I stopped at MORO, its a small funky town a few miles out of grass valley. Went into this small grocery store to get a bag of chips and a drink for the drive home. Walked in, nobody at the checkout, no problem they'll likely be there soon I thought to myself. There was no one else in the store, so I mosey back (thats what you do in the country you mosey) and get a small back of Tims chips and a minute maid cranapple. Walk back to the checkout, still nobody... hmmm then I notice a bunch of money on the counter. A smattering of 1's 5's 10's in various piles like people just paid and left. So I walk to the back and yell, hello!!! still nothing, so I just made change from the money on the counter and left....pretty laid back town eh?

Anyway, I'll post and link to the video soon.... thanks to Star projects for a great day!!

Video is formatting will post soon, however upon viewing the video I noticed something that I hadn't before. The wall that separates the hot-pits from the track. It seems to me that it needs to be extended further toward the turn-in to avoid any possible contact with it if someone turns in to early, or if they get squirrelly.

Does anyone know if this is on the "list" of things to be fixed?

Pics posted:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Markswebpics/ORPWall#

The pit entry should have been corrected yesterday. That was one of the items on the Certification report. The forklift was delivered friday and work on the barriers for pit in, pit out and turn stations was to begin yesterday.

Soon, I shut my laptop down last night before it was done uploading, so I had to start over. Its a big file, I recorded the entire 30+ minutes of the last session, it was a long session, I didn't want it to end. LOL

Very nice.

It's also a very good vid in a training aspect, to see what, exactly, and when each flag station becomes visible to the driver as they approach, and leap the many crests of faith into the next section of twisty turn-ins.

Back