ORP receives certification

jonathan

Oregon Raceway Park received its SCCA certification and is now sanctioned to hold competition racing events.

Actually, it turns out there's no such thing as an "SCCA certification." It has, however, been approved for SCCA-sanctioned events... which amounts to the same thing as far as ICSCC is concerned. So we're good to go for racing there in 2010.

This came up in the Fall Meeting and was, I believe, announced at the banquet.

I think TC asked for... 3 races? First would be double-points, of course, but none are currently double race week-ends.

Three races clear down there? One double and one single week-end would be stretching it as it is, but if the third one was an enduro? Hmmm, that could work!
Is it true that ORP is on the tentative schedule for the first event of 2010?

April 24/25 is my info, a double points single race weekend. There are several scheduling question marks left to be resolved at the spring meeting however.

In any case, congratulations Team Continental.

When do Schedules usually come out for Conference? Work got in the way too much last year. I want to make sure I plan all my time off as soon as possible.

That is awesome!! And if it is really the conference season opener, I just
need to make sure my car is ready to go by then. At least I shouldn't
have broken it already :)

So how does the race schedule get figured out? Is there a majic formula, is it determined by the num,ber of drivers in the respective Clubs or is it just pulled out of a hat?

I am looking forward to being there but am concerned about being able to afford to race so many weekends. I only have so much $$ to spread around and would hate to see ANY of the Clubs feel the effects of reduced entries because of so many events on the schedule.

Still, its going to be fun.

Awesome news! I'll be ready.

No chance of ice in April in Grass Valley is there? :)

Wait.. what am I talking about... bring on the snow and ice!

Kyle, the dance for the schedule is sometimes a bit more of a tango.
All the member clubs have landlords that have other customers.
They all have to enter negotiations with their landlords for so many weekends a year.
The clubs are usually pretty good about conferring with each other so they haven't booked an ICSCC weekend on the same weekend at two different tracks.
They are all basically at the mercy of the Track Owners.
They come to the fall meeting with proposed dates and work it out from there.
Not to forget that there are other sanctioning bodies that have weekends and our clubs try not to conflict with those either.
Like I said.....a tango.
Does that help?

Kyle, there seems to be a composite of historical dates, tradition, when the tracks agree to rent to the clubs, and then date conflicts between clubs that all come into play when setting the schedule.

The clubs presented their wish lists to the EB at the fall meeting, in between the fall meeting and the spring meeting things will presumably sort themselves out more, and we will have an official schedule then.

It's probably pointless to post the proposed schedule, because it changed considerably overnight at the fall meeting, so it's sort of garbage-in/garbage-out in terms of planning at this point.

It does look like we'll end up with probably 13 championship races over 12 weekends with a mix of 11 single race weekends and one double at Spokane beginning at ORP in April and ending at ORP in October. Of course the first race at ORP will be double points.

I'm personally a big fan of double race weekends, since it's a good value relative to travel expenses, but not everyone can get a Monday or a Friday off work. I'd personally prefer 6 weekends of double race weekends over two days only, but there have proven to be difficult logistical challenges to overcome, particularly relative to the administration of the Novice program.

That's still TBD. SCCBC was kind enough to offer up the date to TC for a double at ORP, though.

Really, there is NO reason for anyone to try and predict next season's schedule right now. It is way, way up in the air.

Back