Online Registration - Portland Race 08/15 & 16

holly_remington

The Pros From Dover
Online Registration Link for the upcoming Portland race, August 15 & 16.
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.../uidEvent/7C97A807-B35F-A536-5EA4DB36F32C1445

For some reason the link on the club's main calendar page isn't putting drivers into the event to register. So, please use the direct link, till it's sorted out.

There is also a new feature that Brian put in that allows you to make changes to your entry after I've confirmed you. Please let me know if you have any issues with that.

Because msr.com is making my life so easy, I pushed back the late entry deadline to Wednesday of the event week. We'll see if that works, even though it says post-marked by that date, it needs to be in my hands before Registration, so I'm not frowning when you see me.... Let's make it work. The Club likes to collect your entry fees, but, not late fees!

Steve - will you make this a sticky button? Thanks, Holly Remington

2009 Cascade Sports Car Club Registration
hollycsccatcomcastdotnet

Holly -

This is the easiest way to register for any event! Thanks for working this out; perhaps the other clubs will join in soon as well?

Team Reaper is in! See you there...

Something I had not realized, however- msr takes a percentage of each transaction.
So don't be surprised to see race entries go up a little to compensate for the convenience...
t

MSR does, but not terribly. It's not all that much different from the percentage that a credit card processor would take. Don't forget the Club's have to pay a percentage to accept credit cards that they don't pay taking a check.

So far, Cascade hasn't increased the fees beyond what they were going to anyway...I don't set the fees, so I don't know what they'll do in the future.

There is a 1.5 to 2% increase in CC handling with msr.com. The higher of the two gives you the ability to use post-event processing, or a "charge on demand" feature. Remember, there are no additional fees, no hidden fees, and no fees for cash, check or pay at track credit cards - even though their system is used entirely by me, including those sources they don't get a cut of, that's by design.

CSCC has been generous enough to support their Registrar in this endeavor by 2%, and by doing so, cut my workload by 60%. There are even some clubs charging less for an online entry, than an onhand entry.

Back