New computer, got bored, made video.

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
If you guys have any footage you want featured in my next venture in boredom then just send it my way. Heck if you have video ideas, send them my way.

I didn't ask permission from anyone and used footage that isn't mine. If any of the footage in this is yours and you don't agree, I will remove it.

Enjoy
http://vimeo.com/32655335

I just watched it. VERY, VERY entertaining :) :)

Need more like that. Shows the way 'it is' on occasion without any major harm :)

Last edited:
Nice Colin! A great part of making a video like this is that it is a good excuse to re-watch a bunch of races from the year.

Here's mine:
http://youtu.be/K6pHQGX-HEM

Great stuff Eric!

A couple comments:
1: Your time at Spokane looks from this video like it was an absolute blast racing those Bimmers.
2: Bumper cam for the Win! What camera did you use there and was it remote operated (aka, turn it on/off from inside cockpit)?
3: That moment between 3a and 3b, good job by the you and bimmer in front of you in not hitting him.

I really like putting together this stuff, it's part of the reason I bought a computer as powerful as I did and I just ordered my new editing software from Amazon (black-friday deal, couldn't resist). I'm looking forward to doing more but I need more video.

On a related, but different note..

Next season I would like to try documenting ICSCC events in for better videos, even perhaps an ICSCC movie. I would like to get outside car video, more in-car video, driver and official interviews and create a story around it. I would like to follow 2 drivers throughout their season... One novice looking to upgrade and be competitive soon and one area/senior driver that is trying to win a 2012 championship.

I have a pipe dream of creating ICSCC online "webisodes" of our seasons, kind of like a documentary/reality TV show where we can grow an audience. These webisodes could highlight the dedication of the racers, volunteers, families and everything else that goes into doing what we do. I want to promote conference with the mediums people use today (social networking, web-broadcasting, blogging etc.). It'd be nice to show the world that we don't do this because we're crazy... we do this because it keeps us sane.

colin your could find a PRO3 or ST driver for the chase the championship in 2012 you could also find an area or novice in pro3 and follow him/her and see where in the large field they end up.

I loved it Colin (Eric still gotta watch yours). You used some good footage from my roof cam for sure... I have a ton to highlight and hoping I can actually make a highlight reel like this. I would send ya the raw files but they are huge (box, Dropbox, ?)

Great video Colin! I laughed, I cried. (Well OK, I mostly just laughed)
The last scene was the perfect closer.
Dave

Back