Mission Race

Karen Stimson

A handful of Conference racers made the trek north last weekend. It rained (surprise!) much of the weekend, but cleared for most of the racing (sorry group 4). There were some good battles and (I think) not much carnage.

Thanks to the stewards, workers, etc. who made the trip, and to SCCBC.
Thanks to our paddock neighbor for sharing from his experience up there. :)

Yes, thanks to all who make it happen. We had a fun weekend.
I must also apologize to the workers and fellow racers for the oil cooler failure on the warm up lap for the G1 race. The cooler was brand new and only had a few races on it, but split along a weld. Sorry if it caused anyone any issues. I added some extra cash to the workers fund to make amends.

The motor make it out of the situation unhurt Mike?

Fingers crossed, it seems to be ok. 20-30 seconds with low or no oil pressure on warm up lap and only scrubbing tires and warming brakes down to T1. However, who really knows unless it is taken apart and inspected.

Fingers crossed, it seems to be ok. 20-30 seconds with low or no oil pressure on warm up lap and only scrubbing tires and warming brakes down to T1. However, who really knows unless it is taken apart and inspected.

You gonna tear it down before Spokane?

There was some totally AWESOME racing in Mission this past weekend, thanks to all for the great show! Reminded me why I volunteer to stand and watch on the sidelines!!

An interesting event at the border. The gaurds said we could take our longer rigs through the commercial lanes and if the commercial guys hassle us to ask for the Supervisor. That makes the crossing back to the US a whole lot easier.

Another great Conference weekend! A bit light on attendance, but SCCBC put on a good one! I don't know if I had more fun on track or in the paddock...I'd sure like to see a full paddock in August. Start making plans now for the double!

I know...

I got the same instructions from the US border agent, take larger enclosed rigs through the commercial side.

Thanks for all who came up to mission,, except for the Rain Sat there was some great racing on Sun. Its always nice to see all my ICSCC Friends
I had two great races on Sun
Thanks to all the Marshals and glad you enjoyed the racing
We aim to please

Speaking of big rigs and next race.please submit your paddock reservations early.We have limited space for large rigs. we do our best to accomodate everyone.

R Stec
SCCBC

With the exception of the weather till Sunday afternoon, I had a great time up North after having not raced at Mission for the last couple of seasons. Thanks to SCCBC, the Conference officals, and espeically the workers for putting on a great event in questionable weather. I'll be back for the double this fall and I will keep it out the grass and pointed in the correct direction.

Speaking of big rigs and next race.please submit your paddock reservations early.We have limited space for large rigs. we do our best to accomodate everyone.
R Stec
SCCBC

Thanks Ray. Already entered through MotorsportsReg and paddock space requested.

R

I heard you took quite the ride between Turns 4 and 6 Rick! Did you let Mr. Storms pressure you?? :) LOVED watching you charge back up, SO sorry when I heard you'd gone off in 7 - GREAT RACE!

Thanks Bonnie. No, Curt didn't pressure me. Here is the excuse... I popped out of 3rd gear at the most inopportune moment just as I initiated turn in to turn 4. The problem started at ORP and I didn't have time to rebuild the gearbox before Mission. The 2nd off at T7 was just me running out of talent driving through the chicane one handed. I'll rebuild the box and give Curt all he can handle in the Fall.

Cheers,

R

Well, at least your steering wheel didn't come off in your hands! (ha)

Darn it though, I won't be able to see the rematch Labour Day weekend - I'll be down in Baltimore for their inaugural Indy race. Need to figure out a way to get CS down to Seattle race in July - or are you coming up for the Children's Charity Grand Prix in August? That's lots of fun too.

R Stec (Roland or Ray?) said,
"please submit your paddock reservations early."

Done, thanks for reminder.
They are already getting quite limited!!!

"We have limited space for large rigs. we do our best to accomodate everyone."

Yes, I am very thankful for Roland helping me find a good spot. Unloading was easy!
And Britany at the gate was also very pleasant!

Excuse me Mr. R. Stec, but would you please mind explaining
something for me. I just looked at MotorSports Reg, and they
are showing quite few entries.
But when I registered a few minutes earlier, they gave me very
limited choice of paddock spots.
I'd wanted something like 100, 102, 104, 106, etc.
or 98, 96, 94, 92 etc.
But the closest I could come was 116 and 86
(I hope they work, but I am not sure.)
So, if few have entered, how can the paddock be so full?

Hi Lee - SCCBC started doing annual paddock spot reservations this year, so some of the 'regulars' have a reserved spot for the year. If they don't sign up for the race within a certain time frame, I believe the spots become available for general entries..

Back