Medical Insurance at the track

transamdriver

In view of the recent accident in the pre grid area, there is no medical insurance provided by the organizing Conf. club at these events, so you are strictly on your own i.e. private coverage, or pay out of pocket etc. for any scrape that you get into.

So what the "track insurance" that is supplied by K & K (or similar) actually provide, in layman's terms?

This has probably been covered before so where can I find it?

Robert Barg

I think if you crash into a light pole, it covers the damage to the light pole.

Scott Adare is the guru to ask, but I believe that any ICSCC medical coverage is secondary coverage and comes into play when you have exhausted your own coverage.
Scott can correct me.
And I believe the limit is $50,000.00 over and above, but again Scott is the go to guy.

For Canadians travelling and participating (driver/volunteer) extended medical for the US is not that expensive. Check into BCAA as an example.
It's one of those things "DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT"
We should not take for granted that it will be OK....someone will cover us.
We are responsible for more than getting ourselves to and from the track.

It's like house insurance....you have to have it....you may never need it....BUT then comes the day.

My .02 cents worth. (man this seat belt thing has grown several heads, eh?)

..... (man this seat belt thing has grown several heads, eh?)

Looks like we need a rules change proposal in 2010. ANY bicycles used in the hot pit area must be equiped with an FIA approved roll bar, seat belt and impact attenuation structure (honey comb core carbon fiber permitted).

Back