Machine Shop Recomendation for heads

FFRSpec72

Had a head gasket problem, so when I had the heads off I took them to be checked, need new springs and had some valve wear as I expected, but did not expect an estimate of $900 to do the work (resurface, new intake valves, recut valve seats, seals, guiides, springs and dampers) as these are just stock Ford 302 heads and hate to put that much $$$ into them as I can buy new Ford 302 heads for~ $700.

So anyone have a recommendation?

Last edited:
there are a couple of shops here in the portland area. Ricks cylinder heads does good work and theres always loynings. Loynings might be expensive but he does incredible work.

seams kinda high to me, dan hall machine shop also in the portland area was very reasonable when i had some work done there for my daily driver bmw head resurfaced 2 new valves all new exhaust guildes and a 3 angle valve job new valve stem seals all 24 and that was only like 600 or so maybe less it was a few years ago.

I would check out Brian at M&B Cylinder head, 503-286-1725 out on N Vancouver way (north portland). I had my 325i head done there and was very happy with the work and price.

Tom Pinkowski (Toms performance Machine) in Orchards has done competition heads for me for a while. He is not the least expensive, but you can bet you are getting the highest quality.

Thanks everyone, heads are being done now, was getting valve float as springs were down to half of the seat pressure that they supposed to be, now to get this thing back together and see if it will run again

Back