Looking for some help

thomas_liesner

TPFD Best Care Anywhere
I have recently had the misfortune to purchase a new computer tower. My old one was about to crash so I picked one up and salvaged most of my old hard drive and got the important stuff over to the new one. Several years ago I was given a download copy of MS Office Professional 2010. Of course I am unable to reinstall Office on the new computer.

I was hoping that someone in the Seattle area with access to the MS Store would be able/willing to get me a copy of Office pro 2010 cheap.

Thanks, Thomas Liesner
IRDC Flag Chief

tliesner@shaw.ca

It's definitely out... but I'm not certain it's available in the store yet, so you might actually be able to get 2010 there, still. (I really doubt it, though.)

So cost for 2013 Office Pro is $65 and 2013 Home and Business Office is $50. I was at the store last week and they had both, I will be there tomorrow if you want a copy send me an email nadalin@prodigy.net

Were you guys aware that the licensing for it has changed and it's now locked to whatever computer you install it to, forever (basically), in the same way that Windows is?

I had heard a little of that. If Tony buys a hard copy for me I should be fine though, right??? Its not licensed until I install.

Correct. You install it and then activate it (as you would've done for 2010), but it's now tied to that machine. I gather there's a little wiggle room, just like for Windows, in the event of a hard drive failure or whatever, but you can't move it from computer to computer like you used to. (Of course, the subscription-based Office 365 doesn't have this restriction...)

I got a copy of office 2010 and it also was 'locked' to a single computer. The HD crashed on that computer and when I
installed to new HD and got around to installing the office pak, I had to call Microsoft you 'unlock' from the other HD.

No big deal, just took some time.

Microsoft is now doing this on all software to have more control over how many computers are running the same ID key.

Back