Kudoos to Northwest Motorsports

I can't say thank you enough to all the NWMS members that put on a fabulous weekend and taking care of the volunteers like they did. Pizza, Band, Beer, Hotels....water/ice...picking up all the pesky reports and the list could go on. Jay and Doug, you guys rock.

Safety Teams......oh crap.... don't know what Turn 1 would have done without you guys.

There was incredible close racing all weekend so a thank you to all the drivers that came out and braved the conditions and for letting us volunteers have the best seats in the house.

Already talking about next year. Party on!!!!

Thanks to the Organisers, volunteers and corner workers for a Great Weekend. This was our first time running with ICSCC and we had a blast. Thanks for the warm welcome and we hope to be back in the future...

Peter.......pretty pretty pretty cars. Fast too. We need more of you guys running with us. Glad you had a good time. ISCCC has some really awesome people.

Had a great time despite a few set backs. Fridays race was terminated two laps short due to a bad souldering job. Sundays qualifying ended short because of a flex joint in the steering going bad. My crew chief and I fabbed a new one out of an old drag race tire. Made the Sunday race and had a great time. The workers as always made the weekend an enjoyable time.. G

Workers you guys rock! Unfortunately I needed the help with a tow when I overheated with 2 laps left of the group 2 race on Friday (man it was hot!). Saturday morning my clutch decided to stop working and needed another tow... Glad that was the last time I saw you guys in white!

Thanks to all for braving the weather and glad we could show you some close racing... The 944s sure had a blast and kept you all very busy.

Workers you guys rock! Unfortunately I needed the help with a tow when I overheated with 2 laps left of the group 2 race on Friday (man it was hot!). Saturday morning my clutch decided to stop working and needed another tow... Glad that was the last time I saw you guys in white!

Thanks to all for braving the weather and glad we could show you some close racing... The 944s sure had a blast and kept you all very busy.

I just figured you took Adam's warning to heart. One more tow and we were going to confiscate the car for the Chump Car race next weekend. <grin>

Blair, there were about 7 (?). It was a good showing of the Alberta (my home province) cars. It's too bad all the great tracks we have in the Pacific Northwest is a long long haul for them.

Congrats to all of the organizers and the volunteers for putting on a great weekend.

As well a huge thank you to Jerold and Mark for going above and beyond to keep The Beast on the track.

Another great time at Spokane... big thanks to NWMS for the well-run event and great value. Friday was a tough day for the 944's with most of us DNF, mine due to shift linkage that left me stuck in 5th gear. Was very hard to hobble through the hairpins and back into the paddock. Saturday and Sunday went much better with some great racing.

Big thanks to the workers who get out there in tough places like Turn 4 and 6 to deal with stopped cars. Not a great place to be during a race with a bunch of folks trying to hold position. Sunday's yellow for half the race covering T1-T3 was particularly unfortunate but you guys do a great job in tough situations, and for that we owe you a debt of gratitude. Hope we can at least make it entertaining.

For what it's worth, I got some quality entertainment in return - watching the safety truck tear out of the paddock during the G5 race, sending the unsecured cooler flying out of the bed spewing water, gatorade, and beer containers all over the track and resulting in a very unique debris flag in T11. :wink:

Another great time at Spokane... big thanks to NWMS for the well-run event and great value. Friday was a tough day for the 944's with most of us DNF, mine due to shift linkage that left me stuck in 5th gear. Was very hard to hobble through the hairpins and back into the paddock. Saturday and Sunday went much better with some great racing.

Big thanks to the workers who get out there in tough places like Turn 4 and 6 to deal with stopped cars. Not a great place to be during a race with a bunch of folks trying to hold position. Sunday's yellow for half the race covering T1-T3 was particularly unfortunate but you guys do a great job in tough situations, and for that we owe you a debt of gratitude. Hope we can at least make it entertaining.

For what it's worth, I got some quality entertainment in return - watching the safety truck tear out of the paddock during the G5 race, sending the unsecured cooler flying out of the bed spewing water, gatorade, and beer containers all over the track and resulting in a very unique debris flag in T11. :wink:

I sure hope someone caught that on camera. It needs to be shown at the banquet. I bet Doug will smile through all the ribbing.

Thanks from us too. We enjoyed being at Spokane, especially seeing those of you who we only see once a year. We definitely appreciate all the work you guys do so that Conference can race there once a year.

I always enjoy that track (although turns 6 & 7 seemed greasier than normal...) It was definitely a challenging weekend, as Jeff threw down the gauntlet, brought out Mark's fresh car, and gave me motivation to up my game. We ended up being much more closely matched than I had anticipated. Sunday was the most exciting battle, when (we suspect) Jeff went to bigger tires--he gave up some pull out of the corners for a closer match down the straight. Unfortunately, outside circumstances got in the way in the last quarter. Mike's going to try to get the video posted (since we don't usually, he may be asking Colin to help get it online. :)

Well, once again the trip from Charlotte, NC for the Northwest Grand Prix was well worth the time and effort. Both my son - Evan York - and I had a great time.

The ability to reconnect with our Conference friends, have healthy competition, and race a great track, all make for a great long weekend for us.

Thanks to all the ICSCC, NWMS and other folks involved in putting on this event - we're planning on coming back again for more weekends just like this one was.

I sure hope someone caught that on camera. It needs to be shown at the banquet. I bet Doug will smile through all the ribbing.

I was first on the scene I believe but it's included with my SUnday G5 race video which includes the off with the RX7 in T1. If Chris McIntire is approves I will post.

I remember coming out of T7 and my dad came on the radio to say, "Well, you won't believe this but the safety truck spilled bottles of water across start/finish, so you'll need to slow down." I wish my cameras caught my radio transmissions. I think my reply was, "Wait, what?!"

Back