June PIR Race

Karen Stimson

The usual thanks to those who make our racing possible. We really do appreciate all of you, and try to offer high entertainment value for your time. :)
Both days should have been good to watch--Sat. for taking bets about how long until someone spins in the wet, and Sun. for some pretty good dry racing.

And maybe some bets about how long until someone breaks something. Seems like a number of people had problems. We were pitted next to Scott's Rx3 and the guys spent most of Sunday crowded around it trying to solve a fuel problem. They hoped they had it fixed but didn't, giving him a really rough race.

Saturday was gross--my Intermediate rain tires do not age well like red wine. But we had a great time on Sunday. We have finally reached a good spot in my brake bias; Mike was able to open up the carburetion per a 2012 rule change; and the weather was great for the group 5, last race of the day.

Last edited:
A big thanks to Mike Stimson, Kim Fabro and Dave Gilbert for helping me sort through the issues I had. That level of camaraderie is what makes our club a great organization.

just one word for you.......Weber!
We may even have a spare manifold, wayyyyyy easier to work with.

Best weekend of racing for us in years, thanks to all that made it happen. Can't bring them all to Spokane, just the ITA and the Deuce this time (Mark Hankens EIP car).

Jeff Remfert
www.retroracingteam.com

Jeff, I know.... I have a complete Berg set up, trying to get there. Just compiled all the pieces for the exhaust system yesterday. Next step is a real engine and carburator.

Thanks again to Mike, who was helping me try to get onto the grid with literally seconds to spare and Karen who got herself strapped in while Mike was helping me.

Last edited:
Back