It was different, weird and I liked it: IRDC Schedule

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
And I didn't even have to use my 'safe word'. :tongue:

So the last IRDC weekend was the first time I got to participate in the new schedule as a racer and I loved it and it sounded liked many others did too. The way I saw it, I got to do that thing I love twice for the price of once. I love paying once for twice.

But due to my lack of preparation for the weather, meaning I don't own any tires with tread on them, I spent both the group 2 and group 5 race on Sunday nervously piloting my Honda-Short-Bus around the track. Now, this was a fantastic learning experience but as far as racing, it wasn't what I prefer. However, that didn't matter. I got 2 good races on Saturday thanks to this schedule and both were really exciting. The Saturday fun more than made up for the Sunday-soaking.

It just felt so right I'm baffled why I ever done it any other way.

Now I can go back to licking windows and eatin' crayons while I wait to tow down to Portlandia for this coming Cascade event.

n7Z6cGIqQC2BPGAlPWbN_Let%20Fear%20Go%20Neo.gif

Colin,
Call me a cynic but how can you have George Allen's excellent quote so prominently displayed and not have a set of rain tires along with you at every race here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest?!! LOL

I didn't bring my rain tires to Spokane. I am bringing them this weekend for the CSCC event. I strongly suspect that
rain tires won't be needed for TC's race weekend at ORP July 25-27 either, and that is two races in two days as well.
I was totally prepared to run dry tires in the very unlikely event that there was rain in Spokane that weekend :).

Back