iPhone lap application

kyle_nickels

"The Okie"
There was something posted a while back for smart phone based lap tracking software. Is this now available for the iPhone?

Yes, iPhone, Android and now Windows Mobile. I have been testing on Windows Mobile, the app is called Race Monitor, works off either the wifi at the track or they have a directory of races going on that they get feeds from, so you can also look at the lap times from those races

Great. Appreciate it. Is this the One that you can put points or markers along the route (track) to tell entry and exit speeds?

Last edited:
Yes, iPhone, Android and now Windows Mobile. I have been testing on Windows Mobile, the app is called Race Monitor, works off either the wifi at the track or they have a directory of races going on that they get feeds from, so you can also look at the lap times from those races

Thanks for the Race Monitor tip! I made the jump from Android to WP7 and I'm glad to see some terrific apps coming along.

The OG is Trackmaster. Still only available for Android. It's been consistently within .01 of the official timing.

I got the Race Monitor app for my Android phone, and I tried to use it at Pacific Raceways last May. I spoke to several people at the track who should've known the proper numbers to enter in order to receive the signal from Timing and Scoring. The number sequence was correct, but I never did receive any data all weekend long. I didn't find out if T & S wasn't transmitting the data or if I didn't get the right numbers in the first place, but I gave up eventually and just focused on the racing. Yes, there's a list of current races that a user can see in the application, but these are usually big-time races on the east coast, not PR and PIR races. I admit to not being savvy with this technology, so maybe I need to invest in more time and effort to get it working.

Race Monitor only works if the rMonitor signal is being broadcast. If it ain't, you won't get anything.

Race Monitor only works if the rMonitor signal is being broadcast. If it ain't, you won't get anything.

Agreed on the rMonitor broadcast unless you are using the races being broadcast over the network from the directory option. Not sure if all the track we run at broadcast the rMonitor wifi, I know that Pacific does.

There is now apps for the Android (v 2.1+), IPad, IPad Touch, Iphone, and Windows Phone 7. Go to this link to down load the app: race-monitor.com.

For the Blackberry Playbook: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37098

For RMon for your IBM type computer, as this forum will not allow a program file to be attached for down load, you can
e-mail me direct and I will send you the program and setup instructions. davesenterprises@hotmail.com.

There currently is no app or program for the MAC computer.

Once you have the app/program, then check with timing to see if they are broadcasting the timing information.

At Pacific, Timing is broadcast for all SCCA & SOVREN events. Connection information is IP of 10.5.50.2 port 50000
For IRDC the IP will be differant but the port will be the same.

Hope this helps.

Dave, how about PIR, ORP, Spokane and Mission doe they also broadcast? I assume that The Ridge will have this capability also

Pir did at one time broadcast but it was centered in the paddock and depending on where you where, maybe you could logon amybe not. I do not know the current configuration but you can get in contact with Linda Blackburn and see what the lateast is.

At Spokane last year, a very small wifi network was setup and timing was broadcast, but due to the layout of the paddock and placement of the access point, there was limited connectivity.

I am also not up on what ORP has as I have a)not been able to go this year, B) they have some one else doing they system. You can check with Steward Mike on this as he is one of the operators.

Misson does broadcast, check with timing for the connection information

At this time, the Ridge is in the air as they are still in a construction stage for tower, turn stations etc. The next couple of months should give better information as I know that Rod, Joe, Randy, Fred and the others are working very hard to bring the property on line.

There is is a company currently working on apps,timing and video at all the Northwest tracks. I have been in contact with them over the last few weeks trying to organize a visit to Spokane. I will wait until they are ready to announce their product before posting their name. The Beta site is already up and running.

There is is a company currently working on apps,timing and video at all the Northwest tracks. I have been in contact with them over the last few weeks trying to organize a visit to Spokane. I will wait until they are ready to announce their product before posting their name. The Beta site is already up and running.
Great news.

RMonitor application (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone platforms) offers a "event directory" option so you can follow the sessions remotely, here is the response from the authors on how ICSCC events could be listed, unsure if there is internet access from any of the ICSCC events

The races listed within the directory are races that use our Race Monitor Relaying service to make their live timing available over the internet.

The relaying service is very simple to use and only requires that you run a small piece of software on a computer that can access both your RMonitor scoreboard feed, and the internet at the same time (can be run on the timing computer).

With relaying, your races are listed within the in-app directory and users can simply tap on your race to view live timing from anywhere with an internet connection. Additionally, we also provide a web timing component that can be used to easily add live timing to your website.

We offer the basic relaying service free of charge (subsidized by app sales), and only ask that you promote the Race Monitor app at your events in return (flyers, announcements, otherwise).

To setup a relaying account, we just need to know what organization you're with, and what email address you would like to use for it.

Please let me know what questions you have and I would be happy to answer them for you.

Back