ICSCC teams entering the 25hr of Thunderhill

the_driver

Eric Blois
so far it looks like 5 teams from ICSCC. Frost Engineering, Racing on A Dare, Bloising Saddles, C-note Racing and Rotary Nightmare Autosport. lets all cheer for the local guys (friends from ICSCC)

update of our team after thursday practice. car's running good. does not look like our tire choice will let us go as fast as we hoped. all 5 drivers are driving well even our 1st timer to Thunderhill who has dropped more then 12 seconds from the 1st time we timed him( his 2nd session) . tomorrow will be a relaxing day oil change put on the new brakes finish running the lights then practice and qualify at the end of the day. this should have live timing and scoring for the rest of the weekend http://www.drivenasa.com:8080/liveresults/champs

what tires did you go with...and what prolly should you have gone with....so excited for you guys! Have a great time!

we went with Nitto NT01's and we are a few seconds slower then last year about 2-3 is what it looks like. last year we were on BFGoodrich R1's and wanted to run those tires this year but for the last few months they were not in stock with out an estimated date to be back in

Retro Racing Team's, Terry Overdiek and Jeff Remfert are driving at 25hrs of Thunderhill this weekend with Manfred Duske C-Note Racing. Michael Canatore and Don Norrish will also be driving in this endurance race. The green flag drops today at 1100hrs Dec 4 and checker flag at 1200hrs Dec 5. Terry will be updating a BLOG on our Retro Racing Team's web site telling of all the action taking place on the track and in the pits. I'm sure the blog will be entertaining knowing Terry.
Good Luck C-Note Racing!

Blog
http://www.retroracingteam.com/id94.html

Live Timing and Scoring
http://www.nasa25hour.com/

Cheers,
Mike
Retro Racing Team

Racing on Adare is sitting in P4 in ES (unlimited - GT3 Cups, E92's etc) with our little E30. ;-)

Dan

good race by all teams. racing on Adare finished 10th overall and 4th in class. Bloising Saddles 26th overall and 10th in class. C-note 42nd overall and 8th in class also to note ,at about the 18th hour C-note competed their 10,000 race mile at thunderhill 25 hour races.

Its been a few weeks since the 25hr was run on Dec 4-5th. saw lots of local people from the northwest down there (Thunderhill Ca) either racing or supporting teams. My team drove down on the Wednesday before the weekend. Thursday was our test day we had 5 drivers, 3 from last year when we went down for only the 6 hour. The other 2, one from Canada who has raced in the 25 before and the last driver who has never raced Thunderhill or a bmw. We as a team put about 300 miles on the car on Thursday, trying to get all the drivers familiar with the car and track. Friday was our relaxing day to prep the car and get the car though tech and then practice/qualifying from 4:45-5:45 in the dark. there was an accident during the first couple laps of qualifying while it started raining and the rest of the time was red flagged. we ended up 52nd of 73 overall, 18th of 22 in class (E3). now its race day saturday morning we line up and we start right next to one of the pro driven factory supported honda CRZ turbo's that was in our class. our goal is to finish and have fun. nothing out of the normal happend for us, no major body contact even though 4 of the 5 drivers hit/got hit. my first stint in the car it was wet and we were still on our NTO1's and i missed my line in turn 8 and flew off track at about 80mph and then make the call for the next driver change we would go to full tread RA1's which was our only tire change of the race. by the end we only got 1 penalty for spilling fuel which one of the factor teams got at least once too. we completed 535 laps about 1605 miles and finished 10th in class and 26th overall. the next 2 classes faster then us E2 and E1 our number of laps completed would have gotten us 3rd in both. One quote from our Canadian driver who this was his first time in an E30 and anything this slow said "that was the most fun i've ever had in a race car". sadly our car put up the slowest fastest lap of the race by our last years slowest driver who is no longer slow. which was about 4 seconds slower then last years fastest time. we all still had a blast including our 4 volunteer crew members and want to do it again. 

Thanks for sharing...Have only been on the thill track once, but really enjoyed it. Just curious as to what the costs were to field a team for the 25....entry fee, fuel, tires, etc. Essentially everything except travel to Willows. And for such a large event, is there a shortage of hotel spaces in the area. Seems I remember there not being a plethora of hotels in the immediate area....

March come quickly!!

The entry fee was $1395 this year. Costs of tires and gas, etc will depend on the specific race car of course. Then there's the miscellaneous stuff like crew credentials ($30/each if memory serves), feeding everybody, getting a NASA license ($75?), practice day entry fee (Thursday is way cheaper than Friday).

NASA/Thunderhill want you to buy fuel at the track - at prices that will shock you. Their riff is that the extra $$$ you pay for gas goes into facility improvements, which is good for everybody. You can ante up or not. If you bring fuel into the track you're supposed to pay an extra fee. I'm not sure how much that is but last time I looked (in '09) it was significantly cheaper to bring your own and pay the "corkage" fee.

The motel rooms in Willows fill up for the event. There are other towns 20-45 minutes away (Orland, Chico) that generally have rooms available. Another alternative is to rent or borrow an RV and stay at the track. That's probably more expensive than a motel room, but it's real nice to have a warm place close by to retreat to for a nap in the small hours of Sunday morning.

like Bob said cost depends alot on the car it self. for us one of the cheapest/slowest it was about 6500 for everything. to one of the fastest most expensive cars would be in the ball park of 100k. in you jump in as just a driver on a team you might find it as cheap as 1500 to as much as 30,000 for a gt3 cup car.

Back