ICSCC License - SCCA Event, Advice

Poorvette Racing

After missing Spokane due to a mechanical issue I'm looking for another way to get the car out. I would like to run the SCCA regional at The Ridge but am a little confused by the licensing rules. Can anyone fill me in on the SCCA process for this? I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

Thanks!

Your best bet would be to contact either Sherri Masterson or Karen McCoy. I'm not sure, but I think if you have an ICSCC licence, you can race, but your points are not counted.

I have used my ICSCC licence for many races with out any problems. You may need to join Oregon Region SCCA. Give Karen a call, 503-224-9469. She is very knowledgeable and helpful.

I ran the SCCA regionals at Bremerton for several years. All they required was that I became an SCCA member. I even won the Conference E Production championship running there in 1997, combined with my Conference points.

The SCCA GCR says that ICSCC licenses are valid for all Regionals across the country. As for the one-day membership, that sounds like profiteering (isn't the entry fee enough?) but it might be impossible to convince anyone in SCCA that they are wrong (I have tried on other occasions).

Per Sherri Masterson, registor for NWRSCCA, (sherri.masterson@gmail.com)

Any driver may enter any SCCA race with a license from ICSCC,SCCBC,NASA as long as it is NOT a novice.
the only other requirement is that you do have to 'join' the SCCA for that weekend.

This is because of the insurance. Weekend membership is only $15.00 and can be obtianed at the track.

Registion is on motorsportsreg.com and is open to all. Late fees applies after Tuesday the 24th.

If you only wish to do the t&T, then SCCA membership is NOT required.

Last edited:
Per Sherri Masterson, registor for NWRSCCA, (sherri.masterson@gmail.com)

the only other requirement is that you do have to 'join' the SCCA for that weekend.

Looks like this has changed since I was running with them. I was compelled to join SCCA and told I could not run at their regional events without having joined first.

And back then they were hurting for entries at their meets. Even with Conference crossovers they were lucky to get 100 entries over all the classes and race groups for a weekend meet.

Back