Hear Ye! Here Ye!

PACIFIC RACEWAYS NEEDS YOUR HELP!!! THIS IS THE FINAL VOTE BEFORE KING COUNTY!!!

Pacific Raceways currently has a proposal in front of King County to expand and make improvements to the
facility. The King County Council will cast their FINAL VOTE regarding Pacific Raceways expansion at the King
County Courthouse in Seattle on Monday December 5th at 1:30pm on the 10th floor. As a supporter of Pacific
Raceways, WE NEED YOUR VOICE TO BE HEARD! The King County Council needs to hear your positive experiences as a
race fan and the impacts the track has had for your business or club.

Monday December 5th, 2012
King County Courthouse
516 Third Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104

This is the last time Pacific Raceways expansion proposal will appear before the King County Council.

We also ask that you forward this email to any businesses, clubs, family members and friends who would also be
interested in voicing their support in this matter.

On Behalf of Pacific Raceways, Thank you for your continued support!

©2011 Pacific Raceways | 31001 144th Ave SE Kent, WA 98042

Peter Tetlow, Sandy Gaither..................Come on, wipe the contrived tears from your eyes, come to the track and watch some racing. Develop a plan to protect the salmon and give Sandy a life time membership to the track, plant some pocket gophers and call it a day. This track has been a part of this rural community and the community needs to understand its history and find a way for it to fit along with the cantankerous neighbors. I hope the track stays, but don't have the time to commit to help. Crossed fingers!

Posted on the Pacific Raceway page of Facebook:

"Your Help is Getting Us Closer with County Council! A letter from Jason Fiorito, President of Pacific Raceways.

First I want to thank all of you who showed up to the King County Council hearing on Monday Dec. 5th. There was an impressive showing of supporters including the CEO of Children’s Hospital, Mayor of Auburn, Seattle Sports Commission, Boeing Machinists Union, King County Labor Council, the Covington Chamber of Commerce, and an articulate group of community supporters (RACE) and many track users, sponsors, and businesses.

Although, frustratingly, the vote was not taken, all of you who testified had an impact on the Council and Executive Staff in the audience.

We had hoped that the vote would only be deferred for one week; however it appears that it is now scheduled for the January 6, 2012. I know that this has been a long drawn out and frustrating process that has tested the patience of all involved, including me! However, now is not the time to give up because that is what the opposition hopes for.

Government doesn’t move quickly, but with persistence, it can work.

There has been progress made. Although the current version of the legislation is a far cry from what was first introduced, it currently includes the necessary items to allow the project to move forward. These are:

1) language that would provide for a reasonable use exception to critical area law allowing for the encroachment (with mitigation) on sensitive areas necessary to provide sanctioning body safety improvements to the road course;

2) establishment of a baseline for the environmental review process that acknowledges the current impacts of the facility;

3) gives the applicant (us) some level of involvement in the EIS consultant selection process and document scoping; and

4) clarifies the uses allowed on the property facilitating the construction of the motorsports business complex that ensures the financial stability of the facility in the long run.

An issue has been the push and pull between the regional economic impact and jobs created by both professional road racing events and the motorsports business park, and the desire of the Council and Executive to “maintain the rural character” of South King County.

Every e-mail, phone call, and testimony provided to our elected officials has kept this process alive!

Thank you again, and please don’t give up! As we have all learned in racing over the years, it is not necessarily the team that is the well-funded, or even has the best equipment that wins. Many times it is the team who refuses to give up even when things don’t seem to be going well into the last few laps or rounds. We have all, at one point or another, been running around ragged in the pits trying to borrow that one part that will get us through the weekend. Just when we are about to pack up the trailer and go home, someone comes up with that obscure Penske shock part that puts us out for one more shot, that we never would have found if we didn’t ask for help from everyone there, friend or competitor.

To me, that is what the racing family is all about, and believe me, we are close. We just need a little more help to get us out there just one more time…. “Let me drive, I won’t make a fool out of you” -- (Cole Trickle, Days of Thunder).

Sincerely,
Jason Fiorito, President
Pacific Raceways"

PacRWays Future Map.jpg

Back