Great Shell commercial (turn up the sound)

Colin's link worked for me. That was quite exciting to see those beautiful old Ferraris tearing down ordinary streets at full song. I wonder though, in this age of computer animation, if it is easier/cheaper to insert those cars into the scenes rather than close roads and risk life and precious machinery for an advert. What do you guys think?

Colin's link worked for me. That was quite exciting to see those beautiful old Ferraris tearing down ordinary streets at full song. I wonder though, in this age of computer animation, if it is easier/cheaper to insert those cars into the scenes rather than close roads and risk life and precious machinery for an advert. What do you guys think?

It was the real deal. This video was made more than a few years ago now and I remember reading some rather breathless articles at the time about how Ferrari was risking some historical assets in a commercial.

They used to play this on TV about 4 years ago. It was either on Speed or TSN (Canadian ESPN equivalent) as part of their F1 coverage. It was shorter though without the bit in Rio.

Cool commercial.

anthonyk
calgary, ab

Must be the off season!

There's this one too ... although it's kind of like going to Universal Studios and finding out the shark in Jaws isn't real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocq_KQFJ27M

There are more of them too that are quite entertaining when you google "Ferrari Shell Commercial" - featuring Michael Schumacher "is he real?" (for that brief period when he retired)

Last edited:
Back