Good news

westipton

Some good news today from Italy. Massa has completed his test after the fractured skull incident back in July in Hungary, and says he is back and ready to drive. That won't be until next year, but it is very good news for sure.
All he has to worry about now is his new teammate Alonso!

That is GOOD NEWS!

He looked a mess when they pulled him out of the car. I'm surprised there was no permanent damage to his left eye, WHEW must have had a good surgeon.

Beware of those flying coil overs :eek:

Last edited:
I thought they were pushing for him to be back in the car for the last race of the season? Is he officially out for the year?

I heard about his test - they said ZERO permanent damage to the eye. That is great news.

I understand he is out until next year, just to be sure I suppose. I can't even imagine being in the kind of physical shape that it takes to bounce back so quickly from a catastrophic injury like that.
Well, I can remember those days, and vaguely what it felt like, but to be in that shape now would be awesome. Weird, but awesome!

sorry Wes - I could not resist that opening................

My youngest son said that one about me under same circumstances - same son who gave me a sweater one Christmas - I said "wow this makes me look real cool" - his rejoinder? "Dad, you couldn't look cool if you stood naked in an ice rink"..... gotta love the kids. Thats why I am spending their inheritance on racing...

See ya at the Enduro

James

You looked mighty slim last time I saw you, good work. I am really trying, and by next spring who knows, I could be a mere shadow of my former self. Wouldn't that be cool? I might even fit into one of them skinny little FV machines again some day, cause the last attempt hurt for weeks!

Back