Food @ The Ridge FYI

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
Maybe this post will help reduce your needs to pack food for this up coming weekend but there will be some good food at the track this weekend. I'm used to making the pre-event shopping trip for food but this weekend I personally am going to skip that as there will be plenty of food and drink on hand this weekend (because I arranged it that way :wink: ).

So here's the breakdown.

FRIDAY
Breakfast:
-Busy Bean will have coffee and breakfast snacks available and will be there at 7am.

Lunch:
-Pit Stop Catering will be there offering BBQ pork sandwiches and Pull Pork street tacos along with other lunch items.

SATURDAY
Breakfast:
-Busy Bean will have coffee and breakfast snacks available and will be there at 7am.
-High on the Hog will have Torta Roll with bacon, egg, cheese or sausage, egg and cheese for $5.

Lunch:
-Pit Stop will have Philly Cheese steak, teryaki, General Tso chicken etc.
-High On The Hog catering will have a variety of BBQ options and sides. gluten free options are available as the owner cannot eat gluten. I know that's important to some.

Dinner: Saturday Night BBQ, provided by the IRDC.
-High on the Hog serving a 1/3rd rack of smoked baby back ribs with corn on the cob, mac & cheese and a cookie with a variety of bbq sauces. IRDC is providing this dinner for all the volunteers and drivers/crew/family are invited as well as supplies last (there should be plenty).
-There will be adult beverages.

SUNDAY:
Breakfast:
-High on the Hog will have Torta Roll with bacon, egg, cheese or sausage, egg and cheese for $5.

Lunch:
-Pit Stop will have the philly cheesesteak, a shrimp entree and mongolian
-High on the Hog will their variety of BBQ choices.

Maybe this post will help reduce your needs to pack food for this up coming weekend but there will be some good food at the track this weekend. I'm used to making the pre-event shopping trip for food but this weekend I personally am going to skip that as there will be plenty of food and drink on hand this weekend (because I arranged it that way :wink: ).

So here's the breakdown.

FRIDAY
Breakfast:

Lunch:
-Pit Stop Catering will be there offering BBQ pork sandwiches and Pull Pork street tacos along with other lunch items.

SATURDAY
Breakfast:

Lunch:
-Pit Stop will have Philly Cheese steak, teryaki, General Tso chicken etc.
-High On The Hog catering will have a variety of BBQ options and sides. gluten free options are available as the owner cannot eat gluten. I know that's important to some.

Dinner: Saturday Night BBQ, provided by the IRDC.
-High on the Hog serving a 1/3rd rack of smoked baby back ribs with corn on the cob, mac & cheese and a cookie with a variety of bbq sauces. IRDC is providing this dinner for all the volunteers and drivers/crew/family are invited as well as supplies last (there should be plenty).
-There will be adult beverages.

SUNDAY:
Breakfast:

Lunch:
-Pit Stop will have the philly cheesesteak, a shrimp entree and mongolian
-High on the Hog will their variety of BBQ choices.

Awesome work Colin on getting a good selection of grub and randy for buying all the beer pics I saw.

Excited to check out the white car after seeing all the pics.

everything is awesome.jpg

Colin, you should copy/paste that menu/schedule to the IRDC FB page.

I think it extremely appropriate to congratulate the kind and generous folks from High on the Hog. With the weather conditions they had smiles on their faces, always great food, but most of all, had a few seconds to say hi and how you doing and Thank you!
From our point of view, first timers, challenging track conditions, we had a great time!!! And yes.....we'll most definitely return.
As for the venue.....first class....can only get better from what I've witnessed.
So...from the gang up North (#7 FV) Adam Munn-Driver, Jordan Hamming and myself, Bob Williams.....
Thank You ALL!

Bob,
I too was very impressed with High on the Hog BBQ. I've been to 3 events this year with them feeding the troops. They keep getting better at feeding the workers in an hurry.
Colin did a great job of getting worker menu choices ordered in advance and HotH had stacks of lunches ready when they came in.
Something NWR could learn from.

I think Colin did a great job of arranging meals, High on the Hog produced some really tasty food, and a fantastic job was done by race control not only handling the day beautifully but also taking worker orders via racenet during breaks so their meal of choice would be ready and waiting for them when they came in at lunch. Race chairs Randy and Tom jumped on every loose end that popped up and Randy was still picking up the corner boxes and cleaning up when pretty much everyone else had left.

Thanks so much to the volunteers who braved the elements all week-end to make a great season ending Championship race, thanks to the committed and welcoming members of the IRDC for putting on a successful event, thanks to the Ridge Motorsports Park for being a great and constantly improving host, and thanks to all of you drivers who came out to race and spend time with your racing friends.

A good end to another racing season - hope to see you all at the enduro!

Last edited:
Back