ENDURO Timing and Scoring

MartiniRossi

One again Timing and Scorng will be transmitting all the race data that the system collects. If your team is interested in tapping into this information I will email you the program to install on your laptop.

Michael

2nd question?
Will the scoring from amb be transmitted so my Blind Apex in car display works like during the regular season?

Email me at: michael@rennautosports.com and I'll send you the program. Yes, it is the R-Monitor program.

When you are at the track your wireless will find the IRDC signal.

I believe that you have to manually assign an IP address to your computer and it is:

IP address: 192.168.231.23
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.231.1

In the R-Monitor software you will have to manually configure the communications window.

Click the SETTINGS tab
Select COMMUNICATIONS
Select TCPIP
Click CONFIG

In the window type the IP address and type 50000 for the port.

You might not get good signal coverage everywhere, but, when I constantly ran the program from the paddock I had good results.

Michael

2nd question?
Will the scoring from amb be transmitted so my Blind Apex in car display works like during the regular season?

I just emailed AMB with your question, hopefuly they will answer soon. Also the Blind Apex website lists the ICSCC as being able to transmitt that data.

You are the first to ask, so we will find out.

The Timing and Scoring equipment will be set up the same as it always has been. The only thing that has changed is the new ORBITS-4 Software.

Michael

Last edited:
Then it should be working. And, IIRC, ORBITS-4 means we'll be getting more data than we have in the past (although possibly not for the enduro), like in-class gaps.

I have received two (2) bounced back emails today. Seems that the ISP does not like the R-Monitor attachment.

I have sent the R-Monitor program to all who have requested it. If you have not recived it consider providing a different email address.

Thank you,

Michael

A long with other things that I do, I also know about the orbits software and RMON, sence I am the equipment provider for SCCA and SOVERN. As long as the timing department has the broadcast box connected into the system you will see information in your car. Any body that wants the RMON program can go to goggle and type in RMON and you will get about 1000 differant places to down load it. There is some set up that you have to do before you will get any results. When you get to the track, open your wireless connections and serach for the IRDC access point. There is another access point on the track that says EGUEST ACCESS and WGUEST ACCESS, these are for pay as you go internet access. Several people should be on hand to help you set up the software to include Parrie and I will be there for a couple of hours starting about 3pm on Saturday. The IP address that Micheal has listed above should be the comm address for the software. You do not need to set a static IP on your computor. If you all ready have the software and would like to get ahead on the set up, you are welcome to contact me and I will be glad to help. send me email with your phone number and I will call you after 5pm. Good luck to all

Damn it I should have been in the software business...or maybe not

It appears that Orbits-4 will provide (within) class leader/behind gap/gap ahead. At least this page http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_eng/Websites/B2B/bike/shop/orbits_4 says it will:
5. Distribute results
Publish to scoreboards
Upload to mylaps.com
Send to Onboard Display (plug-in)

However it does not specify if this works with the older Blind Apex displays or just the new ones shown here: http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_eng/Websites/B2C/car/products/onboard_display

Logic would say both since it is a one way radio signal to the display. Hope so would be nice to know class position, gaps to front/behind, as well as overall position and lap times.

But our scoring system would have to have the plug-in to be able to do this.
plug-in:http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_eng/Websites/B2B/car/shop/orbits_4/plug_ins
at $675.00.....yikes!

I will just have to bug my crew chief :wink:

Scott, when I bought my Blind Apex display long ago (a year or two before you got yours), I confirmed with AMB (who'd bought them) that it would display all that information once we got the updated T&S software.

I just received a call from Paul Worosz Account Manager at MyLaps Sport Timing.
My questions were:
1. Will the existing Blind Apex displays still work with Orbits-4.
Answer-yes just as in the past. Good news.

2. If we had the plug-in I mentioned in my previous post would the "position/gaps within class" be displayed.
Answer - No, Mylaps (formerly AMB) no longer supports Blind Apex displays. The plug-in is only for the new MyLaps displays they sell. In fact they new AMB display will not provide any more information then what we have now overall position, gap to overall leader, lap time, lap #

FYI

Back