Enduro idea for the future

Rod Powell

Shake N Bake Baby
So, this may just be a "fail' out of the box, but I am thinking we may want to plan a "Dusk to Dawn" enduro. Attached is a pic of the sunrise at the Ridge. Sunsets are equally impressive.

I think it needs to be a mid winter event, and sponsored by us at the track. Thus, nobody loses any dough, and we use the track when it would not ordinarily be used.

Dreamland.jpg

Something to think about, and it gave me an excuse to post this pic:smile:

Might not be a bad idea in the middle of winter to break the ice, so to speak, between seasons. I would just throw out 2 ideas. One, that car rules be very loose (with the exception of all safety gear) and secondly that the enduro be run on "street tires" so that it will be easier to install chains if needed!! Gotta love outside the box thinking these days. And the picture is stunning Rod.

Bill-

Of course, that brings up the issue of cars running antifreeze, and we all know how that works if/when it spills on the track.

Are you pondering 'warming huts' to replace the all Turn Stations for the event? Not sure how enthusiastic all the turn workers would be about a frozen night no matter how anxious they are for the track.

BUT it would be a neat event :)

Wait, what? We're not suppose to use antifreeze? :tongue: I suppose blocking off 2/3rds of the radiator would be in order.

"All Turns stations will have a fire pit and a coffee maker and if funds all... a french masseuse."

Is it possible that The Ridge have a nationally and highly regarded enduro such as the 25 at T-Hill?

Last edited:
Back