Doernbecher Dash Registration now open - August 13-14 - Portland

The Doernbecher Children's Hospital benefits from some proceeds, and other donations from other activities such as, the Danny Frasier Silent Auction, rides in the Pace Car or one of a few other exotic cars that show up to donate their time (and tires) to the show. Sunday before the racing starts there's a Kid's Karavan that straps some of those young patients that can show up in real race cars on grid send them out for a pace lap with much waving of hands and flag to receive a simulated start green around for the checkered flag and back in.

It's a pretty big deal. Participants of any form are welcome.

Yeah Bill, this is a great family event. So awesome to see the kids - the small and the BIG kids - all amped up for lunchtime rides... and through this event the Conference family has donated thousands to the Children's Hospital. I don't remember the exact amount but I think I remember it was in the tens of thousands over the event's lifetime.

http://www.cascadesportscarclub.org/default.asp?page=doernbecher

Sounds like we should have some novice upgrades too!

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a very worth cause and certainly a "must do" event. Hopefully my son will hold off on his move to Cali and stick around and join us as well.

Bill-

Back