CSCC Chicane Challenge is a GO!!!

chrisheinrich

Just wanted to provide an update on Cascade's Chicane Challenge on June 20/21. Originally they had set a go/no go cutoff date of today June 13th. Cascade's President has been working extremely hard over the last couple of weeks trying to get in contact with someone to determine if the race was going to be able to happen. Finally, he received a response from someone on Friday but they'd like some additional information. He and others are working this weekend to provide the requested information to them. While time is getting short, Cascade wanted to make sure they gave it every chance they could to try and make the race a go. Cascade has decided to give it until the end of day Monday, June 15th before making a final call in hopes that the race will be approved. Thanks for your patience and we'll update here and on Facebook as soon a decision is made on Monday.

Last edited:
WE ARE A GO! GREEN GREEN GREEN!!!!! SEE YOU ALL FRIDAY OR OVER THE WEEKEND!!! THANKS for you patients and hanging in there.
I hope more of you all can sign up and make it out to the race this weekend. We will be missing our Canadian friends but hope to see them all again very soon.

Thanks so much to those of you from Cascade, FOPIR, the track, and whoever else for working so hard for so long to make this possible. I can't wait!

I would like to thank everyone that was able to make the First Race here in Portland this last weekend. Thank you for putting up with the whole face mask thing and I hope I was not to harsh on some that needed reminded. It looked like some really good racing all weekend long. Everyone I spoke with seemed to have fun. And it was great to see everyone again at the track. It had been far too long. Thank you

Vince, tried to catch up with you at the track. You had just zipped off in a golf cart as I reached your pit. I want to thank everyone who worked Sooooo hard to get this event moving. I myself sent letters and emails to Salem. I’m grateful for everything so I must make that clear. I spoke with Casey and many drivers that were quite disappointed that on top of no trophies for this entire weekend ( which I could live with) we were not even able to get a commemorative win flag for the Gary Bockman memorial. Something with far greater meaning than I can express here. Vince please lobby for us here. There were about 24 winners per day over the course of the weekend, please please please utilize some of the funds we put towards the weekend and print us some 2020 Gary Bockman memorial win flags - retroactively.
Sincerely,
Wayne Monahan
ICSCC #1414
Car #6

I would like to thank everyone that was able to make the First Race here in Portland this last weekend. Thank you for putting up with the whole face mask thing and I hope I was not to harsh on some that needed reminded. It looked like some really good racing all weekend long. Everyone I spoke with seemed to have fun. And it was great to see everyone again at the track. It had been far too long. Thank you
Vince, tried to catch up with you at the track. You had just zipped off in a golf cart as I reached your pit. I want to thank everyone who worked Sooooo hard to get this event moving. I myself sent letters and emails to Salem. I’m grateful for everything so I must make that clear. I spoke with Casey and many drivers that were quite disappointed that on top of no trophies for this entire weekend ( which I could live with) we were not even able to get a commemorative win flag for the Gary Bockman memorial. Something with far greater meaning than I can express here. Vince please lobby for us here. There were about 24 winners per day over the course of the weekend, please please please utilize some of the funds we put towards the weekend and print us some 2020 Gary Bockman memorial win flags - retroactively.
Sincerely,
Wayne Monahan
ICSCC #1414
Car #6

Sincerely,
Wayne Monahan
ICSCC #1414
Car #6
Working on it! They should be ready by the next race at Pacific we hope. We just didn't have time before the race with only getting 4 days notice.

Back