Come drive o.r.p. Next week!

bill_murray

BILL MURRAY

T.C. is at this minute having the O.R.P.track second inspection done.

Out of fairness to you our customers one promise I want to make is, a "go-no go" on the T.C. Race will be posted as soon as we know the answer ourselves.

I should also mention that the STAR event is definitely on. SEE THE COMMERCIAL POSTS PART OF THE FORUM This event is also a fundraiser for Team Continental, to help defray some of the certification costs.

In an effort to encourage participation in the O.R.P. Open house on the 29th and the STAR Projects track day on the 30th I have posted below the comments of one of Don Kitch's customers.

Finished my first lapping day at Oregon Raceway Park (ORP) yesterday - day two of the Proformance field trip.
Portland International Raceway (PIR) on Thursday and ORP on Friday.

ORP is simply awesome!
By far the best track in the NW.
If you are a skier, ORP is a double black diamond ski run -- constant elevation changes, blind corners, decreasing radius corners, off camber turns, etc.
There is no place to "take a break" mentally -- normally you can "catch your breath" on the straights but the ORP straight (running clockwise) has a bit of a hairy entry and a table top at the end right before the braking zone for T1 -- and the straight is not that long (I was seeing 111-115 mph)
I can only really liken it to a roller coaster that you drive.

the only drawvback -- 5 hours door to door from Magnolia to ORP with one gas stop in a truck with trailer.

however -- worth the trip.

I have not run at Spokane or Mission (BC) but I can assure you that ORP is the cat's a$$ when compared to PR and PIR.

Accomodations -- I stayed at the Three Rivers Inn in Biggs, OR (at the intersection of 97 and 84 right on the Columbia River) and you can get a motel in Moro, OR which is a bit closer to the track.

There is a roughly 2 mile gravel drive to get to the track but I hear that it will eventually be paved... and for the time being, bring gas unless you know the on site tank will be full and selling.

In a word -- marvelous!

Get out there... you will love it.

I hope you can join us on the 29th and 30th.

Bill Murray 05
Team Continental
Oregon Raceway Park
S.T.A.R. Projects

Back