Cabin Fever, Pacific Northwest Style

mikecolangelo

So, who's dying to hit the tracks? I sure am!

After my work-induced hiatus from racing last season (I spent the entire summer working in southeastern Maryland), I expect to spend most of 2012 at home in the Seattle area. That's the hope, at least. ;)

In addition to getting back into skiing, this winter I'm upgrading and refreshing my race car (ITA/H4 CRX Si). New header, exhaust, intake, clutch, safety gear, and gauges should all make it onto the car by mid-March in addition to the usual pre-season prep. I bought a really big tachometer. REALLY BIG!

Anyway, I'm hoping to be only 1 second behind Colin and Rick. :D

But since it's the driver (yours truly) that needs the most improvement, I just started reading a racing book I got from Santa Claus' "Driving on the Edge" by Michael Krum. So far, so good. It's an interesting read.

So howz about youse guys and gals?

Mike,

I think Rick is changing classes so both you and I maybe won't have to worry about watching him "drive away" from the rest of us. However, if you get a chance to chat with him, take notes. Rick's mentoring was a big help to me and I know he's helped several others go faster, safer as well.

As for Cabin Fever... I'm with ya dood! I got a new GPS Data Acquisition/Lap Timer doo-hickey for Christmas and I'm super excited. I'm looking to do the track day at The Ridge in March so I hope to see you out there!

Back