August 2 IRDC special race

I did a bit of poking around on IRDC's site, but could find no more information about the special race group at Pacific Raceways on Aug. 2. Does anyone know more about this race?

There definitely will be a special race at the IRDC Car Tender Challenge on the week-end of August 2nd. We are currently working on who will be in it as we speak. The decision should be finalized during the IRDC board meeting on Wed. June 24th.

Watch this space for an announcement following the meeting!

(It's not too late - although we are already considering several possibilities for this race, we would be happy to listen to anyone who wants to step up and represent a group that would like to be considered. Feel free to call me and talk about it.)

just a couple of thoughts.......

- semi-vintage: 1985 and older sedans (a little selfish)

- club rabbit revival??? calling all rabbit owners. duct tape them together and run-em

- pro 3 challenge. see if we can get over 40 E30s freighttraining through 5a/5b complex

- all german cars (once again selfish reasons)

- formula v challenge.

we should put something together fan-worthy and promote it. IRDC and ICSCC needs more arses in the stands!!!!!

How about a two BMWs and one VW chained together race?

Of course the BMW's would need to be pulling the VW's....right?

I second the idea of lengthening the saturday run groups if we cannot come up with a high car count for the special race. BANG for BUCK makes budget racers happy.

Out of the box idea for conference....... how about a short enduro (1 hour) set up like sovren does at the end of most of their race weekends. Something to think about for the future!!

With some momentum, it might be the only way for me to get ahead of the pro 3 cars!!

Another idea.....I remember someone talking about a relay format. One team, two cars, 15 minutes each??? Probably wouldn't need the baton though. Thought for the future also.

Carnac is pulling the envelope from under his arm pit and preparing to make a prediction.

Ed says, "Open the envelope oh mighty Carnac"!

And the prediction is:

Whatever the "special race" is, the cars will come from Groups 1,2, 4 or 5!

Although "iffy" how about checking to see if there's any interest in an open wheel/sports racer extravaganza combining Groups 3 and 6 once? NOT suggesting that for August. It's just a thought for the future.

As Randy points out, it's the $$$$ of expense off setting income from the 'special' that's most important.

An all Subaru race!!

.... oh wait.

I might have a chance of winning that one! If my car can make it to the checkers. :)

Back