ASA NW Late Model Tour Ground Pounders at Pacific Raceways this weekend June 26-28

Are you going to run that race?

Randy are going to enter and give them the "what for"? Maybe we can get it to rain while you all on pre-grid. ;)

Interesting.

Does ASA have their own flaggers? Or, is this the group that says... 'we don't need no (trained) corner workers' (yes, that was the story a couple of years ago) and they hire Labor Ready personel?

Ground pounders and the KART club. Should be a really good show if it's the regular Kart group. Curiously, Tom Masterson hasn't mentioned the Kart race though. Maybe it's a different group.

... wait a second... what am I missing here. Adding up all of their fees it would be reasonable to put a car on the grid for $370-$435... and the prize money pays the top 30 cars (a min of $800). And there are only 19 entries so far?

Anyone got some ASA fenders I can duct tape to my Subie?

Randy -- Are you or any of our ICSCC stock car friends going to run this event?

Interesting.

Does ASA have their own flaggers? Or, is this the group that says... 'we don't need no (trained) corner workers' (yes, that was the story a couple of years ago) and they hire Labor Ready personel?
QUOTE]

Marie Kirby was signing up flaggers at the last IRDC Conference race, so they should be qualified people on the turns. The problem might be with the numbers. I believe that there will be only one worker per corner. Adam is going up and will be working on one of the trucks since they will be paying him. Being unemployed, paying gigs are important. I'll be going the other direction and will be working the TC school on Saturday at Portland. Enjoy.

Marie Kirby was signing up flaggers at the last IRDC Conference race, so they should be qualified people on the turns. The problem might be with the numbers. I believe that there will be only one worker per corner. Adam is going up and will be working on one of the trucks since they will be paying him.

Ahhh, okay Rob. Guess I missed that.

I just remember a couple of years ago when they had a race scheduled they wondered why they needed ANY corner workers :rolleyes: Glad they are being 'covered' even if it's with a minimum crew of people who know what they are doing.

Jason used to put that stock car event together and run with the non-national SCCA race (that doesn't happen any more). Was good for us and good for them. Plenty heap safety and good racing to watch.

... wait a second... what am I missing here. Adding up all of their fees it would be reasonable to put a car on the grid for $370-$435... and the prize money pays the top 30 cars (a min of $800). And there are only 19 entries so far?

You noticed that too, Eh? ICSCC needs to find a tasty series sponsor like NOS :) :) :)

Last edited:

They must have good paying gate attendance and/or series sponsorship money. That's a lot of payout!

Quick dirty math tells me they need at least 3,077 fans paying an average of 10.00 per ticket just to cover the pay out. I would guess the track cost, operation expense and marketing expenses would require at least double that amount to just break even. Hmmm ....

They must have good paying gate attendance and/or series sponsorship money. That's a lot of payout!

Double your money just for showing up and finishing! I'll take it!

Quick dirty math tells me they need at least 3,077 fans paying an average of 10.00 per ticket just to cover the pay out. I would guess the track cost, operation expense and marketing expenses would require at least double that amount to just break even. Hmmm ....

You are right -- AT LEAST double that amount.

So this begs the question. Is there something blocking or hindering ICSCC from getting some sort of corp. sponsorship deals, say for brake pads, Oil, and other consumables? I suppose this could be a long answer, maybe discussed before?

Round numbers for a car like these is approximately $2K/Hr.

Cup cars use over $36K per weekend, per car, for tires alone, to put it in perspective.

I wonder what it costs to put an ASA legal car on the track for their normal events, including any of the average on-track damage repair costs.

A full season sponsorship for the ICSCC Championship series? That would be cool. They could pay the track rental/insurance for each club. Then the operating clubs could turn the savings into an ICSCC administered payout for all classes.

Very nice.

I suppose that we should expect more local media coverage to support that kind of endeavor, but that's just some simple logistics, what? Something more than a 3" blurb of the results on the Sports Round-up page, I think.

Who's in charge of that kinda stuff?

Each club has sort of a media person don't they? Maybe it should be sub-commitee represented by a media person from each club? I know people LOOOVVEEE sub-commitees :D

I checked into radio advertising at one point a few years ago for a different endeavor. It actually wasn't all that expensive.

There seemed to be a couple of ways to go about it. 1) Produce your own ads and get them on individual radio stations, or 2) hire a management/PR company to develop a package price for whatever media outlets you deemed worthy.

Round numbers for a car like these is approximately $2K/Hr.

Cup cars use over $36K per weekend, per car, for tires alone, to put it in perspective.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Not counting having to buy another tow rig I have spent $2500.00 for the 4 races so far for $625 average per weekend. But I am not a front runner by any means and have stacks of old/free/donated tires. Of course "the wife" would like it to be half of that.:rolleyes:

Your expenses may vary. Credit approval may be required.
:p

The karts are the typical group with money on the line. Should make for some good racing. Until the fast guys pull away then there will be a few groups racing and a few running away with the money. I will be out helping with a few friends that run karts.

Karts are only like $175 for tires and they can last more than a weekend on some karts...

Last time the karts raced with them the entry was pretty pricey for the track time so we opted out the following year. This year they offered us as the only support race and kept the entry down so we should have a good turn out.

I thought the ASA rule about requiring a spotter/radio every time the car's on track kinda interesting... how useful is that on a road course that's not setup like Burke Lakefront Airport (Cleveland)? WTH does the guy talk about for most of the lap?

WTH does the guy talk about for most of the lap?

What color do you want to paint the kitchen this winter? When will be there time to go to home depot? What do you want for dinner? Do you love your car more than me?

oh wait --- that would be if you let my wife on the radio for most of the lap.

Back