Annual RATS meeting

bimbill

The annual RATS (Race Administration Training Seminar) meeting is scheduled for Saturday, March 13, 2010. The location is the Best Western Peppertree Auburn Inn, 401 8th St. SW, Auburn WA 98001. Start time is 9:00 AM and we will plan to finish by 4:00 PM to allow out of town travelers to get on road somewhat early.

Per the Conference P&P, each member club should send: The “Race Chairperson, Course Marshall, Race Registrar, Chief of Scoring, and any two additional club race personnel selected by the member club(s)”. “The seminar may be attended by any ICSCC officers/officials and all are encouraged to attend”. That’s the official verbiage but in reality, this event is the one time of the year where all of the various officials and workers who put on our race events gather in one room and discuss common concerns, issues and ideas with their counterparts from other race clubs. As such it is an invaluable time for looking at the way you do your job and ways to make it easier or more effective. Also, it provides a chance for all of us to learn more about the essential jobs that must be done in order to produce a race weekend. As such, we just might learn how we can help one another to provide a better product for out customers, the drivers.

I highly recommend that if you chair a committee or provide an essential task for your club that you attend this event. If you don’t I assure two things will happen. One, decisions will be made about the way we are going to do things that you will have no input on. Two, we will talk about you behind your back. OK, a little tongue in cheek on that second one but, seriously, I really hope you can all make it.

Last edited:
I expect to be there serving to represent some honestly official function of my club's (CSCC & TC) racing program, or another, but...

E 408. Course Marshal. The Course Marshal shall be responsible for the final preparation and maintenance of the course.

What does that mean, really?

Last edited:
Just remember that at Mission, the Course Marshall is the same as Chief of Flags down there.
The differences in titles can mean a big difference in specialty or area of responsibility.

So maybe all Chiefs and their assistants should come?

Annual RATS Meeting

Will there be any training and or discussions on the new ORBITS Timing and Scoring software?

Michael

Michael,

Yes, we will definitely talk about Orbits and will be emphsizing timing and scoring at the meeting.

Bill, good meeting today.
I think a lot of ground got covered and a lot of information got shared amongst the different specialties.
Thanks
Lynn

Great to see all of you today! All of your smiling faces makes it start to feel like racin' season!

Wooom, Wooom, SCreeetch, waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhHHHHHHHH, thunk, waaaaaaaaHHHHHHHH, thunk, waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ............. (invisible race car driver)

Rick, nice sound effects. I turned my speakers up full blast.....what a rush. (at least I think it was my speakers making that noise)
And I don't think anyone could ever refer to you as invisible, your car is way too damned big.

Just catching up with this. Thanks very much to everyone who gave up their Saturday. I was very pleased with the meeting on many levels. We had good give and take on many important issues, especially timing and scoring as well as a good review of ORP operations and best of all, no one threw anything at me. Of course it is still very early in the season.

Back