And now for something completely new...

Have you gotten a ride set up with an FA/F1000 yet?

I'm still surprised you could fold yourself into one of those things, let alone steer with your knees.

You made a great show out there, Randy. The FF race was awesome, and the Turn 2 crew is so happy that no one was in the middle of that very much.

Wow. Nice race and great video, Randy. Once again WHAT system are you using and what mount? Great quality videos there.

Well, the race. Yes masterful job for a newbie in open wheels. Only comment is, you had me holding my breath a couple of times on the 1st lap and the last lap but of course I knew the out come.. Man, Randy, you gotta remember these open wheelers don't 'bang' together well! Daring moves on the opening lap and of course the last lap pass was a "Senna" kind of move :)

I just finished watching the video and I about pooped myself when I saw what was about to happen in 6. Is that hole big enough?! Guess so... Yowza!

Camera is a GoPro HD set at the 720p resolution, with a regular adhesive mount on the roll hoop, nothing special really.

Definitely appreciate the extra risks associated with open wheels.

Since I was starting last I had a lot of room to really warm the tires, something that nobody else really seemed interested in to my surprise. I was able to capitalize on the better grip at the start I guess, the car was very maneuverable and I think the wide angle lens makes things look a little closer than they really were.

Wide angle might be the case. As Steve said, that last lap pass, it just DID NOT look like there was an "FM" hole there but you found it :)

Looks like you were having a lot of fun. Definitely a new experience I would guess. Thanks Randy for the assistance Saturday night. Glad you had what we needed or I would not have made the Sunday races. Much Appreciated!

Just masterful! Great driving. Really fun to see from the on-board perspective. Way to represent us wussy fender drivers :)

Speaking of the Group 3 race...

WHAT HAPPENED to Michael Lensen??? I expected him near tho pointy end for this event. Instead, he was a 'no show' on the pace lap and then, came out for the LAST LAP of the race only?????

Strange stuff Michael. What happened?

Damn I wish my Gopro worked like that! Actually I wish it worked period. Fun to see more OW videos, nice job Randy!

Great driving Randy. Hopefully we will see you in a formula car again. Doernbecher?????

Tim Bland
84 Anson SA4

Back