Action Required! Conference Banquet

mikeblaszczak

Now that all the RSVPs are in and it is too late to cancel, I wanted to announce that I'll be emceeing the banquet this year. Kevin Skinner has done an awesome job as Conference President. Kevin's decision making in matters such as these demonstrates his courage and fortitude.

I think it's pretty clear that I'm all for the LOLs, so please drop me an email at "mike at screwylizardracing.com" if you would like me to say something in particular about you when I announce your championship standing and Cheryl awards your trophy. Your sponsor, your wife, a particularly memorable race, something fun that happened in the paddock, and so on.

Please also let me know if there's something I shouldn't say about you. Your gray-market cheater parts connection, your mistress, a particularly memorable sabotage attempt, something dumb you did in the paddock, and so on.

And, more importantly, please let me know what you'd like me to say about your competitors. Please provide as many details as possible so that I don't have to embellish as much.

If you're presenting one of the awards or making another announcement, please try to stop in at the banquet hall before the doors open; between 500pm and 530pm, say, so we can chat, make sure I know when you plan to appear, and how we'll perform our hand off.

Thanks, everyone!

—MC Mike B.

>>Please also let me know if there's something I shouldn't say about you. Your gray-market cheater parts connection, your mistress, a particularly memorable sabotage attempt, something dumb you did in the paddock, and so on.<<

>>And, more importantly, please let me know what you'd like me to say about your competitors. Please provide as many details as possible so that I don't have to embellish as much.<<

Are you kidding me?

Most of the funny stuff will, most likely, come from our beloved turn workers and emergency crew volunteers. Only God and them (turn workers) know of all the funny and not so funny things there is to say about the guys on the track.

I love this sport because of, yes, the cars and the racing but most importantly, because of all the wonderful people I have met and the experiences we've shared in the very short time I've raced.

I have had so many wonderful experiences that it would take a lot longer than one banquet night to relate and enjoy them all.

Whatever you decide to say, I am sure, it will be humorous and fun.

J.C.

I won't be there. But, somebody, please don't forget. MikeB took the first Conference lap at ORP, scored the first spin, scored the first yellow flag. All on the same lap.

I like the one with the sheepish driver RE-CLAIMING his weddding ring at the Drivers Meeting in Spokane.
Wonder if his wife knows yet? I won't post his name just in case... lol

Are you sure it's not too late for me to back out??? OK, guess I will just have to laugh and enjoy myself as much as I did last year!!! Yeah!! This is gonna be fun!

Back