25 Hours @ Thunderhill - Looking for race report

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
I know I screwed up the Title! Should say: Looking for race report... argh

I know the Adare folks and Blois team were there... looking forward to the debriefing on how it all went.

Bloising Saddles (Eric Blois), Racing On A Dare (Scott Adare), and Grip Racing (Jason Vein) all fielded E30s and did well. Team Miatacage (Sean Hedrick & Ken Sutherland) and their two Miatas did well, too. We all made it to the checkered flag after 25 long hours. All of the above mentioned cars sustained some body damage. Actually, I don't recall seeing one car there that didn't have some amount of body damage.

Consonus Racing (Phil Fogg) with a Sports Racer and LADDCO (Lee Douglas) with an SFR raced in the 6 hour race which ran during the first 6 hours of the 25 hour race. There might have been other teams from the area, too, and I apologize for not listing them here.

25 Hour Race Results:
Bloising Saddles: 27th overall, 8th in class (E3) (BMW E30)
Racing On A Dare: 14th overall, 8th in class (ES) (BMW E30)
Grip Racing: 20th overall, 5th in class (E2) (BMW E30)
Team Miatacage E2 car: 13th overall, 4th in class (E2) (Miata)
Team Miatacage E3 car: 19th overall, 3rd in class (E3) (Miata) **Podium!** <- Congrats, guys!

I'm not sure how Consonus Racing and LADDCO did in their 6 hour race. I know they finished. I think Consonus Racing either got first overall in the 6 hour race or finshed very close to the top.

I'll let other folks fill in the details. It was a LOT of fun and I'm happy to have been there.

Edit: I should mention that I think it's pretty cool that EVERY team from the PNW finished their races (25 or 6 hour races).

Last edited:
I'd heard that 11 of the 18 podium cars were MAZDA'S...but a Porsche 911 did take 1st overall covering over 2,000 miles.

Bill-

we had a good time there. hondas that tryed had a very hard time, divaspeed had an E1 and E3 92 integra fast in both classes and were leading both classes but both had issues and did not finish. the Fogg's did win the 6 hour. we could not go our planned distance on 10gals of gas i guess the better suspension allowed us to be full throttle earlyier but we were still able to go longer then our competion we were as high as 2nd in class and were ahead and battling with the miatacage team for a long time. we ended up completed 595 laps thats 1875 miles and it appears we used less the 120 gals have to run the numbers to be exact

Last edited:
Back