2011 ICSCC schedule posted

You take the words out of my mouth. That would also give Cascade more than the three race maximum.

Also gives CSCC races on back to back weekends. Should one of those dates maybe be the SCCBC? I thought they were planning on having 3 races this season.

Personally I'm glad to see that the last race of the season will be in Seattle.

Are you guys sure you're looking at the right thing? It looks okay to me. (For the software geeks out there: "It works okay on my box." :D)

Actually the web version looks better now, but I will back them up that when first posted it had CSCC at PIR on Rose Cup weekend, not SCCBC. And I'm a software dev too ;)

I see we have 4 weekends in a row to close it out again as well!

Yeah, I'd accidentally duplicated the CSCC event when first creating a tentative schedule. I fixed it later, but apparently had only fixed it on the Word-to-PDF version. h/t to Blaylock for calling me with a heads-up on the HTML version.

Again...

Thanks Steve. I can only imagine what you had to sit through to get this information in the first place.

I don't see 4 week-ends in a row Eric, but I see a back-to-back at the end of September. This is pretty interesting because I could schedule 11 races over 7 week-ends, with 3 of them being here at PR. So only 4 road trips needed to do 3/4's of a season.

Wow. That is an awesome schedule! I might need new tires by mid-season.

I'm really looking forward to this season.

Test and Tune inclusion on schedule

What is the criteria for including "Test and Tunes" on the official schedule? Must it be organized/operated by a member club? In either case, it would be helpful to know when "Test and Tunes" are available prior to each race weekend. Last year, these were available, and very useful at ORP, for example.

Thanks,
-Bruce

I don't see 4 week-ends in a row Eric, but I see a back-to-back at the end of September. This is pretty interesting because I could schedule 11 races over 7 week-ends, with 3 of them being here at PR. So only 4 road trips needed to do 3/4's of a season.

You're right, I was looking at my personal aggregate schedule which includes OR SCCA events, which we run in 944 Cup. Sept 10 weekend is a PIR Double for them. We had the same setup in '10 as well. Heck since SCCA runs the first weekend in Oct as well at PIR, that could be 5 weekends in a row.

Last edited:
What is the criteria for including "Test and Tunes" on the official schedule? Must it be organized/operated by a member club? In either case, it would be helpful to know when "Test and Tunes" are available prior to each race weekend. Last year, these were available, and very useful at ORP, for example.

Thanks,
-Bruce

Events with an ICSCC sanction are on the schedule. At the moment, the only official TnTs I'm aware of are before the IRDC events and are indicated as such on the schedule.

Eric-
Why don't you just make life a little easier for you and the 944 cup boys and just run Conference events. You can gather points whether you run ICSCC, SCCA or NASA and you get 5 great tracks to choose from. Is that correct? Duane

Eric-
Why don't you just make life a little easier for you and the 944 cup boys and just run Conference events. You can gather points whether you run ICSCC, SCCA or NASA and you get 5 great tracks to choose from. Is that correct? Duane

We have been waiting patiently for the schedule to come out! We'll be attending at least a couple of ICSCC races again this year, maybe more. The consensus was overwhelmingly positive from last year so... here's hoping. We run a nice mix of OR and PacNW SCCA and ICSCC, and I do see us picking up more Conference events based on driver feedback.

Our regional director is just flying back from the Daytona test sessions, so we should have our final PNW 44 Cup schedule in the next few days.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, IRDC will once again be hosting the "German Touring Car Challenge" special race, I believe at the July 30/31 race weekend at Pacific Raceways. It seemed to me like the 44 Cup guys enjoyed themselves in this particular race.

The success and popularity of this special race was noticed by some of the other clubs in Conference, and it's my understanding that they are considering or working on their holding their own special race group that may be quite similar.

On this theme, there has been talk of possibly trying to put together a "German Touring Car Challenge" series, where an informal championship of sorts could be earned. It wouldn't be an officially sanctioned class or series, just an opportunity to build some buzz around a cool concept. Maybe something like having a GTCC special race at each of the circuits that Conference visits this season; Portland, Seattle, Mission, Grass Valley and Spokane. A 5 race "series", where the total points determines the Conference GTCC "Champ".

It should be as simple as having someone take the lead to contact the race chairs at each club to test the concept, and figure out a common simple rule set.

Last edited:
Friday Practice days will be available for both conference race weekends at Mission. cost has not yet been finalised but should be in the $115.00 range. practice runs from 10-4 pm.

Cheers ,R Stec

Back