1986 Dodge Ram D350 1-ton Truck

Coley Tipton

This truck has never been my tow vehicle, but it has been a beast through three remodel projects with more trips to the dump than I can count. My boys call this truck “Thug” because it looks as tough as it is. It carries more bark, gravel, or lumber than most trucks would dare. They both want it to be their first vehicle, but that’s still 5 years off, so it’s gotta go.

Like I said, it’s not my tow vehicle, and with all my remodel and yard projects completed, I no longer need a second truck. I don’t know that it couldn’t be a good tow vehicle, but I don’t think I’d want to ride in it for more than an hour. I think this truck is better suited to weekend projects.

Specifics:
* 22,000 showing on the odometer, so I’m pretty sure it’s 122,000 versus 222,000.
* 8 foot long bed
* 360 cubic inch and 2 wheel drive
* Transmission does drip on the ground and I do have to add fluid occasionally. Likely an afternoon fix that I just never took the time to do. I’m thinking main seal.
* Driver door doesn’t lock and Dodge doesn’t sell that door cylinder any longer. Since I don’t keep anything in it, it didn’t bother me much.
* It does have a locking truck box though for anything you do want to store in the truck like tie downs, etc.

Similar vehicles on Craig’s seem to be priced all over the place, but It feels like this is still a $1,500 truck, and if I have resort to dealing with the weirdo’s on Craigslist, that’s what I’ll ask. For anyone on this forum however, I’m thinking around $1,000 for an easy quick sale.

truck2.JPGtruck3.JPG

Give me a call and we’ll chat about it.

Coley 253-347-6455

Back