"Schumacher raring to go"

kerry_mcmurtrey

Lazy Member
Schumacher raring to go as Mercedes presents new team

Michael Schumacher and Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche at the Mercedes team presentation in Stuttgart
Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Michael Schumacher has won 91 races so far in his career
Mercedes GP has officially revealed its new Formula One team, with Michael Schumacher back in the hot seat. Nico Rosberg is also part of the team, which was unveiled in Stuttgart on Monday.

Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher has been officially unveiled as part of Mercedes GP new Formula One team. Schumacher, who retired from motor racing three years ago before announcing his comeback in December, says he cannot wait to get back on the starting grid.

"Finally the 2010 Formula One season is firing up. I have to say that I am totally committed to this new challenge. This season feels like a re-start for me and I am so motivated,“ he said at the presentation in the Mercedes museum in the German city of Stuttgart.

Up to the challenge

Team boss Ross Brawn, who masterminded all of Schumacher's seven titles at Benetton and Ferrari, said that despite being the oldest driver in Formula One, the 41 year-old was remarkably fit and could handle anything the sport threw at him.

"There is nothing in a racing car that wears out parts of your body, it's just down to your stamina and strength," Brawn said. "So I fully expect Michael to be able to cope with any demands we make of him."

Michael Schumacher sprays champagne after winning in F1Bildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Michael Schumacher is looking to relive past glories

Schumacher, who is the sport's most successful driver ever, will make his comeback at the Bahrain race in March.

Mercedes, which bought out the 2009 world champion Brawn last November, is confident it can win the title again.

"We want to be champions. Not necessarily this year, but give us some time," Daimler chief executive Dieter Zetsche said at the presentation in Stuttgart.

ng/Reuters/AP/AFP/apn

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,5168341,00.html

I suppose it had to happen. Now nobody else will have a chance. Mr. Brawn must have scored Big selling to Mercedes...

I'm so pumped about this season. Up to 8 drivers that could be gunning it out for the drivers championship. Should be a hell of a show this year.

Back