Pro 7 1983 Mazda RX7

Forsale: 1983 Mazda RX7 Pro7,SPec7,ITA, Vintage racecar. Car has SCCA Logbook with Colorado, and Socal History. Good running 12a engine solid Transmission, Newer RA1 race tires. Momo seat and removable steering wheel. The roll cage will have updated sidebars added next week. New Battery and Sparkplugs. New brakes and brake service. Limited spares. The price includes full setup and alignment by TopTech Motorports for purchasing driver. This is a great opportunity to go racing at a reasonable cost. The only thing needed will be a set of belts for SCCA racing.

Price: 3800.00

I may have a single axle trailer that could be added for another 500.00

Phone: 503 502 4671
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/toptechracing/sets/72157622741330333/
set-72157622741330333

This looks like a great opportunity for someone to get into racing for minimal expense. As a added bonus they will be racing PRO-7 with a great group of drivers that can offer techincal, driving and morale support. Of course I'm a little biased.

I haven't sat in a series 1 RX7 for a long time. How are they on leg-room/head-room? I'm a tall guy so am thinking my head ain't gonna clear the roof with a helmet (I'm looking to build a Pro3 car but not finding much). :(

Martin-
I'm 6' 4" 270 and fit with the top of my helmet below the roll bar. We also have other PRO-7 drivers up to 6' 5" tall. I'm not sure were you are located but you are welcome to come sit in mine. Located in the West Sound area near Port Orchard, WA.

Last edited:
Duane, I'm 6' 5" so definitely pushing the envelope. But all car are different. I have a Mini Cooper and have more headroom than I do in my Dodge Durango..go figure!?!? LOL I'm up in the Everett area.

How is the competition in the NW with the Pro7 group? Do you guys field a pretty good number of cars? What other cars fall into your class?

How is the competition in the NW with the Pro7 group? Do you guys field a pretty good number of cars? What other cars fall into your class?

In addition to other RX-7s, the Pro7 cars get to play with Miatas, Civics, etc. This past season I drove a Spec Miata and diced it up a lot with the RX-7s. You'll definitely have someone to race against.

"What other cars fall into your class?"

PRO 7 is it's own class.

"How is the competition in the NW with the Pro7 group?"

In 2009 the number entering PRO 7 was lower than many past years,
but still larger than most classes. Thirteen ICSCC licensed drivers
competed in their PRO 7 cars during the year. The top number of
entries in a race was seven. Steve Justiss was champion and
entered ten, one entered 9, one entered 8, and all the rest entered
five or less races.

PRO 7 is one of the classes that competes in Group 2, along with
SM (Spec Miata), CSM (Club Spec Miata), CR (Club Rabbit),
EP, FP, GP, HP, IP, and HC4 (? small change for next year?)
Steve Justiss often might finish behind about 1/3 of the group,
and ahead of 2/3 of the group. So, as Mike says, you will have
people around to race with.

Hmmm, I must be the 6'5" guy. Around 230 pounds. 36" inseam and 36" sleeves.

You can fit as along as the cage is tight against the roof and you use an aluminum seat close to the floor.
The leg space is dependent on many variables, including steering wheel size/spacers, side protection location, etc.

I'm in the Maple Valley area if you want to sit in mine. I want more room so I will be moving the seat even lower and I may do some cage mods.

There is good competition and we're a friendly group that hangs together at the track. I have Steve's master cylinder and Jeff's rotors on my car right now, so we help out our fellow competitors too.

My son may be joining as a novice in my car and I hear another novice will also be co-driving another one of our cars.

Back