ST is now an approved class

GGilmor

I've been in recent contact with Karen McCoy and she mentioned that ST was approved as a class last weekend, but she didn't know what group it would run with.

Anybody know the details of this?
Thanks

Yes, it's approved and it'll be in Group 4. We're (the ST guys) all so excited about it getting approved that we apparently decided to keep it to ourselves. :)

Steve, I have not logged into the yahoo group for a long time. Do you have a link where are all the class rules posted?

Engine dyno?

I am building my P911 and have a an engine dyno sheet from Rothsport Racing stating 253 HP, which estimates out at 225 RWHP. The car will weigh in around 2450 so I am clearly within the 10:1 limit.

Is the engine dyno sheet I have acceptable for declaration or am I required to get a wheel dyno to compete?

You need to do 3 wheel dyno runs and use the dyno form that's at the end of the rules file on race-st.com.

911 penalty?

Is it a secret that 911s must run an extra 100 lbs?

Oh never mind that rule did not pass :p
Just teasing ya...welcome to the class

So I've been looking at last years results trying to figure out what I'm getting myself into.
Looks like these cars ran in ITE mostly.
How many cars will ST have in Seattle? Portland?

There are something like 8-10 cars that are definite. I have been told of another 5 or 6 that are either building cars or who have existing cars and intend to run the class. I've heard a rumor or two of another couple, plus 2-3 guys who currently run other classes that have been talking about building an ST car. Performance-wise, some of the cars are or will be at 10:1, while others will be around 12.5 or even 14:1.

If you join the Yahoo group, Eric put up a spreadsheet showing the results from the unofficial ST Challenge we ran this year, covering only those cars that ran in Group 4.

I have to say the rule set is very tempting. I would have to de-tune my motor, but that may be a good thing in the long run...

So I've been looking at last years results trying to figure out what I'm getting myself into.
Looks like these cars ran in ITE mostly.
How many cars will ST have in Seattle? Portland?

No worries you will have someone to play with. I was the slowest of the ST legal cars last year. Depending the track some other ITE cars some Porsches show up so I usually had someone to play with.

Final Season standings usually boil down to attendance and no DNF's unless your Mike in the E46. He is a very good driver, his car is really fast and runs like clockwork.

If I remember Peter's car correctly, tweaking the engine to within an inch of its life would mean his car would weigh over 4000lbs! :)

If I remember Peter's car correctly, tweaking the engine to within an inch of its life would mean his car would weigh over 4000lbs! :)

Rut-Roo this is not that silver 930 turbo that sucks all the oxygen out of a 4 mile radius when the throttle is pressed down is it? :eek:

I love the idea of this class. A real Tuners class. Have to find the max weight you can add without making the car a pig. Then build the motor to that. Makes me want to do some work to the car and come play. Car already weighs a ton just need more power. :p

Guess I should at least make a race or two or three with it stock... :eek:

I love the idea of this class. A real Tuners class. Have to find the max weight you can add without making the car a pig. Then build the motor to that. Makes me want to do some work to the car and come play. Car already weighs a ton just need more power. :p

Scott I ran my car all year mostly stock, well a little over 25 hp over stock.
I had a blast even on 6 yr old throw away twice hand me down tires.

So no worries you will have a good time:)

cough cough turbo cough

Back