Really quick recap of how the rules changes went

Steve Adams

Just this guy, ya know?
I don’t know how long it’ll be before this info is widely disseminated, but I thought I’d pass along a quick recounting of the Competition Board and Executive Board results.

I’m just listing the item number in the proposed rule changes:
  1. FAIL
  2. FAIL
  3. FAIL
  4. FAIL
  5. PASS, but then overturned by the E-Board (ICSCC can’t tell member clubs how to spend their money)
  6. FAIL (5 for, 432 against)
  7. FAIL (unanimous)
  8. FAIL (unanimous)
  9. PASS
  10. PASS
  11. FAIL
  12. PASS
  13. PASS
  14. PASS
  15. PASS
  16. PASS
  17. PASS
  18. PASS, but then overturned by the E-Board; original rule then amended to finish up with “, while under power” (or words to that effect)
  19. FAIL, but then overturned and amended by the E-Board; I forget the actual wording, but belts now expire when they expire with no ICSCC-supported extensions OF ANY KIND (we allow 1-race grace periods for other things at the Steward’s discretion). Annual tech stickers will include a line showing when the belts expire. This has NOTHING to do with engineering and EVERYTHING to do with liability, potential or otherwise. This decision was made with feedback from the Legal Advisor, the Insurance Advisor, and our insurance provider.
  20. FAIL
  21. PASS
  22. FAIL
  23. PASS
  24. PASS, but then overturned by the E-Board with the Steward’s support, as we already have this defined
  25. PASS
  26. PASS
  27. PASS
  28. PASS (unanimous)
  29. PASS
  30. PASS, but then overturned by the E-Board; original rule then amended to finish up with “, except for special races and enduros” (or something very close to that)
  31. FAIL
  32. FAIL
  33. PASS
  34. PASS
  35. PASS
  36. PASS
  37. PASS (unanimous)
  38. PASS
  39. FAIL

Back