Kart enduro info here

>>WhooHoo!! I think we just got named: "We got The Salsa and You Don't, Nway nway nwa nwa na nwa nwaaaa".<<

Kyle:

Thank you for your exuberant and much appreciated excitement.

I will put something extra in the salsa to give us; ......... "a little advantage"

I just hope everyone will have visors on their helmets!

>>Welcome on board JC, but you cant get no more diverse than an Okie!!!<<

Thank you again, I am pleased to belong. I will endeavor to elevate the level of competition and bring our team to the podium.

How did I get selected to be in your team?

Being an Okie, it is not being diverse.

Being an Okie, is simply a biological and sociological experiment conducted between Texans and Mexicans.

I believe it was meant as a concessionary gesture in behalf of the Texans for what they did to the Mexicans many years ago.

I believe I wrote a thesis in college about this very same subject. I can't remember if it was for an anthropology or a sociology class.

.................... No!! I remember now!! ........... I read it on a bathroom wall in Houston!!

I LOVE YOU MAN!!:D

"J.C."
.................. proud member of the "Salsa Loca and The Recycled Pepper Karting Team"

JC... Thanks.... I think.... I gotta have a few beers to figure this one out.

But hey, its gives me yet another reason to have a beer, so heck-ya.. THANKS!!!

Randy -

Throw my name on the list for Eye Patch Racing as well. We gotta champee-on-chip to defend!!

EPR, FTW!

J.C., Apex supplies the Karts, you will rotate out of your Kart during driver changes so that everyone gets a chance for the good, the bad and the ugly.
Rod:

Sounds like fun!!

I will, very likely, provide two out of the three elements; ......... the bad and the ugly. One for my looks and the other for my driving.;)

All the best;

"J.C."

P.S. It was mentioned that this is indoor racing. Are the karts electric or combustion engine powered?

Honda lawnmower power, bring your gas mask :eek:

Wait to you experience what consuming mass quantities of salsa does to my digestive system. Make sure the gas mask has a vapor filter on it:D

Randy,

Please add the honorable Joe "I'm not a driver, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night" Olsen to Team Eyepatch.

Thank you.

Mike "monkey-boy" Olsen

Randy

I've talked to 4 of the 6 from last year and we're in. I'll let you know in the next couple of days who else we have. Sometime in Feb works better for us, but let me know and we'll work it out. I am sure that the name you have given us will simply not do. I'm sure that I can speak for the rest of the team when I say that it was a blast and we can't wait to do it again. Have great time at the party this weekend.

Scott

Randy

I've talked to 4 of the 6 from last year and we're in. I'll let you know in the next couple of days who else we have. Sometime in Feb works better for us, but let me know and we'll work it out. I am sure that the name you have given us will simply not do. I'm sure that I can speak for the rest of the team when I say that it was a blast and we can't wait to do it again. Have great time at the party this weekend.

Scott

Scott, don't blame Randy for the name, that was my work.

Rod

This years rules

Hi All!

Walker here, getting excited already about hosting the 2nd Annual 6 Heures de Olympia Kartrerra.

This year the rules will be slightly different: Mike Smith, our Race Director, has modeled them after the rules used at national level karting enduro's. The rules provide for teams to determine their own strategies for pit stops and driver changes.

Additional new rules will deal with flagging. (i.e. contact that results in a pass may get the blue/black "give back" flag. Egregious contact may result in a black "stop and go" flag). We will NOT be using the rev limiter like we did in the previous race.

There will not be the fuel stops that we had before. Refuel will be accomplished by swapping karts.

As I understand it, everyone has pretty much agreed on Jan 23rd. We've put that date on the calendar. If possible, we'd like to hold a "test and tune" session the night before the race, maybe from 6 - 10, followed by team qualifying. This way we have the grid set and can get right to racing come morning. Let me know your thoughts. For the test and tune I'd like to suggest that participating drivers purchase our 1/2 day pass. I'll let any participating driver buy the 1/2 pass at the member rate of only $60 for the test and tune night. The other option is to do like last year and pool your money together and rent the track. I think last year we ran a short 1 hour race with drivers changes just as a practice race the night before the enduro. You guys just let me know so we can get it scheduled.

One other thing to note: we now have the ability to ballast the karts with up to 60lbs. You guys talk amongst yourselves and decide whether or not you want to try to equalize the weights - either by individual ballasting (i.e. all drivers must race at a minimum of 200lbs) or team ballasting (where the team must race at an average minimum of 200lbs - this is by far easier since you don't have to swap weight during drivers changes). All of our higher level competitions are all done with ballasting.

The track is MUCH different than before. The previous track was 1100ft long and the lanes were 25-28ft wide. This track is 1530ft long and the lanes are 16-18ft wide. Passing requires nerve and skill - but there are technically more passing opportunities than in the previous track.

Last, but not least: We have a 4 hour endurance race to benefit Toys for Tots coming up on December 6th. It's $500/team and roughly 50% is tax deductible. I'd love to have a couple of teams from the ICSCC participate in this race also. It's a great cause. Last year races let us donate approximately $3500 to T4T and that money helped out 671 families. Please call me at 360-705-2739 (w) or 360-280-7131(c) if you'd like to have a team in this race.

Thank you Walker.

My vote is no ballasting, just keep things as simple as possible.

If memory serves, the lap times last year didn't seem to have too much correlation to package (kart & driver) weight, in other words, there were heavier packages going just as fast as lighter packages, and lighter packages doing slower times too.

Randy

Please add me as a returning member of team eye patch. Ready to defend our crown!

I will be there practicing this weekend!

Thanks,

When will we be announcing the 2nd Annual 6 Heures de Olympia Kartrerra is actually a 12 hour long race? Team DK has around 9ish drivers for 6 slots.

R

Back