Novice racer day-glo panel/sticker on front of a Spec Miata?

mikecolangelo

Hi,

This year will be my rookie (novice) year and I'll be campaigning a Spec Miata. The rules state that novice racers need to have a 25 in square day-glo panel on the front and rear of their car.

For a Spec Miata, where is the preferred spot on which to place the day-glo panel on the FRONT of the car?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Mike,
The key item is that the sticker needs to be redily visible to the driver in front of you from thier rear view mirrors. Similarly, the rear sticker needs to be visible to the drivers behind you.
This is somewhat different than the car numbers which need to be easily visible to the timing & scoring folks as well as the turn workers.
BTW: You usually get your first set of day-glo stickers from the License Director so don't worry too much about making your own. (However; a number of intrepid novices have painted the reverse side of their license plates in day-glo orange which has worked quite well.)
George B.

What George said.

License Director will give them to you.

Don't worry about them as a part of off season prep. Once you receive them at the track, look at where others have them. It will then take about 22 seconds (each) to put them on.

And, have FUN ! ! :)

here's a couple shining examples!

355369125_iGCwF-M-1.jpg

355372062_RFxj8-M-1.jpg

I think It is, and it's one wicked car to boot!
I don't know where else the car ran last year but that image was taken at Mission.

Back