Points?

>>I would just like to know where I'm at.<<

Hank:

In my profession, a compass is essential to find out "where you are at".

A triangulation of known reference points and known past positions increase the chances of accurately determining "were you are at".

All this, of course, changes over the North Pole where the compass is as good as "tits on a boar" ................ that is, assuming that boars have tits.

Over the North Pole finding out where you are deals with grid navigation and other things much, too much more complicated than picking lettuce in the San Joaquin Valley.

I was once told by a very old and experienced aviator .............. "If you don't know where you are at, ........... you're lost and soon to run out of fuel"

...................... I recommend to always having lots of fuel.

Love and kisses;

J.C.

I have points done through race #7 - waiting for official results from the 15-16 weekend. I expect those this week, and points will follow shortly after that.

FWIW, everyone, Bob's been updating the points after each race for the last few races. If the points haven't been updated since race X, it's probably because we don't have the official results for race X yet.

Although I agree with the triangulation theroy the compus only tells you which way you are headed not where you are... Just my 2cents (why is it only a penny for your thoughts and everyone wants to give 2cents)

>>I would just like to know where I'm at.<<

Hank:

In my profession, a compass is essential to find out "where you are at".

A triangulation of known reference points and known past positions increase the chances of accurately determining "were you are at".

All this, of course, changes over the North Pole where the compass is as good as "tits on a boar" ................ that is, assuming that boars have tits.

Over the North Pole finding out where you are deals with grid navigation and other things much, too much more complicated than picking lettuce in the San Joaquin Valley.

I was once told by a very old and experienced aviator .............. "If you don't know where you are at, ........... you're lost and soon to run out of fuel"

...................... I recommend to always having lots of fuel.

Love and kisses;

J.C.

Man you must be bored over there in China JC! When do you get back, you will for sure be at Mission right?
BTW, it is "where are you" not where are you at. That word at the end of the sentence is redundunt, kinda like 'have got'.

..... the compus only tells you which way you are headed not where you are... )

In FACT, it doesn't even tell you that if you don't know the magnetic declination of the location where you are at the moment!

Just so you are aware. At Pacific Raceways the magnetic declination is 17 degrees 3 minutes EAST. So if you're using your compass to 'navigate' the track, keep that in mind! :eek:

P.S.
If you're still racing in 2109, it could be as much as 3 degrees more! Yes it changes over time. Matter of fact, it has changed just in my life time by about 2 degrees already (keep in mind, I'm old). Also known as "secular variation".

P.P.S.
That's just ONE of the reasons GPS is so superior to map and compass navigation. Works good until the GPS satellites start failing (as they are now) with NO replacements ready to go!

P.P.P.S.
This has nothing to do with where the 'points' are.

Last edited:
>>Man you must be bored over there in China JC! When do you get back, you will for sure be at Mission right?<<

Actually, I just got back. I am at home and in the process of resetting my clock and paying my bills.

Yes, I will be at Mission for the double race.

>>BTW, it is "where are you" not where are you at. That word at the end of the sentence is redundunt, kinda like 'have got'.<<

I know Wes, ............ I know IRREGARDLESS of my poor grammatical ways. I was just having a little fun with a prior post. I believe the word at the end of the sentence is REDUNDANT and not redundunt.

Be careful Wes, Lynn is lurking about and ........... she will correct your grammar or ............................. kick your tyres. She corrected me on my "tyre turd" thing.

This is a tough crowd!

J.C.

Lynn can correct me anytime she wants dude!

Welcome home, and thanks for the spelling correction as well. You know how I love to give you sh.. when I can my friend. 'Irregardless' was my dads favorite pet peeve, so of course I used it as often as I could around him!
See you in 2 weeks.
Do you actually live in Deer Park Hank? The Deer Park?

Last edited:
That is THE Deer Park for me. I loved racing there in the 70's despite the wind, sand and mosquities. Has the town grown at all, is the airport still there?

We've been rallycrossing at the Deer Park airport since 2005 and we started autocrossing there in 2007. The cracks have been blown out and filled with about 20,000 lbs of asphalt.

I have points done through race #7 - waiting for official results from the 15-16 weekend. I expect those this week, and points will follow shortly after that.

Bob and I have received the results from Portland a little bit ago. I'll have them posted to the site this evening.

Back