IRDC July Drivers School Update

The IRDC July Drivers School has openings for 10 students and the lapping session is full. We have started a waiting list for lappers should we get any cancellations. Students should not delay, this school will be full before the Spokane race in two weeks.

Dave,

I sent in a registration form for the lapping day but haven't heard back from the registrar. How do I know if I'm officially registered for the lapping day?

Thanks,
Mike

IRDC School Update:
Lapping session is full with a waiting list and only four student openings remaining. If you want to get into this school, I would apply today. It will be full soon.

Instructors, I will be contacting those on my list next week. If anyone want to volunteer, please send me an email. Corner workers, please let me know who can assist IRDC for this school. Thanks for all the volunteer support, IRDC could not put on these schools without your help.

..... Corner workers, please let me know who can assist IRDC for this school....

Assuming:
1. Mount Rainier doesn't erupt.
2. We don't have a 9.0 earthquake.
3. The great Northwest Tsunami stays away.
4. A North Korean missle doesn't hit Issaquah.

I'll be there to help or hinder depending upon how you look at it.

School Update:
The school and lapping sessions are full. We have started a waiting list for both. See everyone at the track, even you Richard.

Lest you've forgotten. Tomorrow (July 26) is IRDC drivers school and lapping day at Pacific. If not running and you have time, put on your goin-to-church white shirt and come out to a corner with us.

I wanted to take a moment to thank all the volunteers and instructors for putting on a great school yesterday and enduring that HEAT! Your efforts were very much appreciated and I learned a lot. I hope I managed to wave to each of you while trying to pick up turn in and exit reference points (yes I even try to do that on cool down laps).

A special thanks to Jeff Clark for his excellent instruction and sharing a few Spec Miata lines and tips, and for enduring a somewhat less than comfortable Kirkey seat. Much appreciated Jeff!

Again, thank you all...I can't wait to continue fulfilling my novice requirements and join my fellow students on the track!

Humbly yours,
Brian (aka, that dude in the little red Miata) :)

Last edited:
Hmmm, I recall 2 red SM type Miata's ( #60 and #29 maybe? ) plus a street type red Miata coupe. Which were you, or was there another?

I think those Miata's 'breed' while they are on the back side of the track out of sight :)

I'd also like to thank all those involved with the IRDC school. It was so much more than a PDX experience. I don't think I have ever spent a day on the track were I was continually challenged to DRIVE THE LINE regardless of what was going on in front of me. Very good stuff as I move into the novice race program. The instruction was excellent (thank you Steve)...and I was also very impressed that the day moved so smoothly with everything right on schedule. Thanks to all those volunteers who endured the heat and to all the instructors for bravely spending so much time in the passenger seat...something, by the way, the local SCCA licensing program does not do. I know Conference is the best way to pursuit a competition license. I can't wait for my first novice race!

Thanks again everyone....

Bill (the dude in the red Boxster but will be racing a red Miata)

....and I was also very impressed that the day moved so smoothly with everything right on schedule.

Yes, was an excellent drivers school schedule wise and we (who worked the event) thank the STUDENTS for that! Nobody got in serious trouble out there and NO blown engines! Apparently you all brought cars that were prepared for the days adventure.

As you will soon find out when you go racing, sweeping oil eats up a LOT of racing time :(

Hey, while I'm thinking of it...I know I saw a couple photogs out there on Sunday.
Anybody have some pictures to share?

Thanks to all the volunteers and my registrar who made everything easy. Congratulations to the students and lappers for having a good day at the track. Your efforts to follow the rules allowed IRDC to stay on schedule. To all the people in white that volunteered to assist IRDC on a very HOT day, a very special "Thank You".

Back