Spokane Tire Wear

Littlevees

Jim Venable
Going to Spokane for the first time. Not sure if we need new tires as the kid will be running two novice races and hopefully the moveup. Might one expect the tire wear to be like Pacific, Portland, neither, worse, better? As a guideline the RA1's currenly on the Miata would work reasonably well for a couple of races at Portland but not Pacific. Much appreciated. Jim

It's closer to Portland than Seattle. The tarmac in Spokane is really good, so it doesn't chew up tires too bad. T2 in Spokane is lot like T2 in Seattle though - the RF tire is loaded up for a long time, so if you're watching a tire, watch that one.

Not sure about FVs but the Club Fords don't gain any advantage in lap times by putting on fresh rubber. The surface has changed since last year so past history is not necessarily applicable to what you'll find this time around. It's a good place to use up those tires that have a few heat cycles on them.

Also, the sedan folks experience significantly more wear than the open wheel cars. It's a fun track and not to hard on the equipment as long as you "color between the lines".

Take plenty of sun screen, water and a good canopy with lots of tie downs and enjoy!!

It's a fun track and not to hard on the equipment as long as you "color between the lines".

Hah! Been bitten by that one myself. Was just over there for a T&T, and they are working on "raking" the big nasties out of the run-offs. There's quite the pile of large rocks way off the track in T1, and a huge new gravel trap.

If you have seen what's on drivers left at T1 from the cockpit you'd be very happy with this news Kenny! The gravel still might catch someone and tilt them over, but it sure beats landing head first on the large rocks and scrub brush that was there all those years!
Happy 4th!!!

I have memories (night terrors) of the two club ford incidents at Spokane that involved Mike Gilbert and Stu Dye. Either one of those could have been a true disaster. Rocks the size of basketballs, and larger, have no place within a hundred yards of a race track! Shoot, baseball sized rocks can wreak havoc on any vehicle at any speed!

As you can see the only use for ball games that I have is to compare the balls to lethally sized rocks... I guess golfball sized rocks and pingpong ball sized rocks might be marginally okay. Greatly prefer marble sized rocks.

I have memories (night terrors) of the two club ford incidents at Spokane that involved Mike Gilbert and Stu Dye. Either one of those could have been a true disaster. Rocks the size of basketballs, and larger, have no place within a hundred yards of a race track! Shoot, baseball sized rocks can wreak havoc on any vehicle at any speed!

As you can see the only use for ball games that I have is to compare the balls to lethally sized rocks... I guess golfball sized rocks and pingpong ball sized rocks might be marginally okay. Greatly prefer marble sized rocks.

Trout:

We are going to miss you at Spokane this year.

There are going to be a lot less rocks at Spokane this year.

After several off course excursions last year, I contributed by bringing a lot of them back to Seattle inside of my car and racing suit.

Some of the aforementioned rocks were surgically removed out of my "back side". Additionally, although I keep brushing my teeth in a regular basis, I am, still, crunching sand and gravel in my mouth to this day.

More good news!!

No more abandoned cars to hit if you go off track! Contrary to legends and rumors, Jimmy Hoffa was NOT found in one of the rusted shut car trunks.

I love racing!

"J.C."

P.S. Web Master; ............. is it permissible to use the word "ass" on this forum? Can it be used as an adjective or is it restricted to be used as a noun?

English is a very ambiguous language and simply, I do not want to offend anyone.

JC, mi compadre

Are you not going to Spokane? If you are then the only reason for missing me will be poor aim.

I will be there and will be racing. I know that these a difficult financial times but part of my personal mental health program is at least one racing trip per year. Otherwise, Lo would probably have me committed to a mental health facility for the criminally insane. As it is, I'm out on my own recognisance. Their mistake.

The racing trip this year will start in Spokane and end at Pacific Raceway with a side trip to the 40th Formula Ford Reunion at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. Good racing, good bratwurst, good beer, good cheese omelets; it's all good!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Conference races with as much enthusiasm as the race at Road America. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to race on a four mile long track. They'll be starting over 70 cars in my race group! Man, what a rush that'll be!!
I will, of course, be at the back and the view will be spectacular going into the first turn. I'll have lots of stories for around the salsa pot at the PR race in August.

Look forward to seeing you and sharing some track time at Spokane.

Hasta Manana, mi amigo...

PS Just use the espanol for ass: Burro muy Grande! Here's another source for alternatives:

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/ass

Trout:

>>Are you not going to Spokane? If you are then the only reason for missing me will be poor aim.<<

Yes, I will be there with "Humpty Dumpty" and lots of salsa.

>>I will be there and will be racing. I know that these a difficult financial times but part of my personal mental health program is at least one racing trip per year. Otherwise, Lo would probably have me committed to a mental health facility for the criminally insane. As it is, I'm out on my own recognisance. Their mistake.<<

I was told otherwise. This is, most definitely good news.

>> ...................... I'll have lots of stories for around the salsa pot at the PR race in August.<<

Unfortunately, I will not be at the next race at Pacific Raceways. My baby girl, Katherine, (aka bridezilla) is getting married and dear old Dad will be walking her down the aisle. I can not be at PR and Isla Mujeres, Mexico at the same time. Family comes first.

>>Look forward to seeing you and sharing some track time at Spokane.<<

Ditto. I will be delighted to share the track with my friend Trout.

>>Hasta Manana, mi amigo...<<

>>PS Just use the espanol for ass: Burro muy Grande! Here's another source for alternatives:<<

Actually, ............. BURRO is a literal translation. It literally translates as "DONKEY".

The cultural translation would be PENDEJO. When someone forgets the basic elements of everything they were taught in Kindergarten, ............ he is considered a ....."PENDEJO"

BTW, a PENDEJO literally translates as a ........... PUBIC HAIR. Someone who is an ASS or acts as an ASS is just as insignificant and inconsequential as a ............ PUBIC HAIR in our culture. Donkeys, in the other hand, are a valued and treasured commodity in some cultures.

The literal translation for ASS is ........ CULO. As saying ..... The IRS is a pain in the; ....., you would then use the noun; CULO.

Yes, Trout, cultural diversity exists in the ICSCC forum.

J.C.

I was going to say that, yes, you can use that particular word, but then I would've missed out on adding some depth to my Spanish. Much-ass grassy-ass to you, JC!

Back