WTB Racing Seat

Walt- First you need some tires, then a seat so what are you building? What type of car did you purchase? I'm guessing by the tire size it is not another Pro-7. DM

For awhile I did not think I would be racing this year and sold the Pro-7 as a cautionary measure. But circumstances changed with the job and a few other things and lo and behold!

With significant help (and I mean I could not do it otherwise) from Tony Kihlstadius I hope to be racing an '83 Volvo 240 at the August PIR event. Besides Tony, there are two other Volvos running and the possibility of one or two more in addition to my car. I am setting it up for Conference Production (HP or IP) and ITB as a secondary class. Volvos are funky cars and there are a lot of resources in the Portland area with IPD and R-Sport International.

It should be fun seeing 5 or 6 Volvos in ITB!

Walt

Aluminum or kevlar? I have both sitting in my storage room (formerly known as a living room!).

I have the following:

Ultrashield Pro Road Race aluminum race seat (16") that was only test-fitted into a Spec Miata. Black cover. Like new condition. $200

I/O Port heavy-duty adjustable seat back brace. Used but in good condition. $45

Cobra Imola II GT kevlar racing seat (16"). Black cover. In used condition. FIA date has expired (I think it's 6 or 7 years old). Black cover is partially faded. Still usable. $75

Help me get my living room back!

Last edited:
Race seat for big guy....

Walt....

Just as a FYI....I am 5'10 and about 240 and fit reasonably well into a
16 Ultra Shield which is bolted essentially to the floor. I sat in a 17 Kirkey and it was too big......There are more comfortable seats than an aluminum race seat, but unless you are doing 2 hours stints, I think it's fine. Help my good friend Mike reclaim his living room....Now if I knew he had one before I bought mine, I could have helped him out myself!!

Bill

Back