New Track Configuration

OlyWalker

Hey Guys!

I hope your racing season is going well. I figure it must be busy because I haven't seen hide nor hair of Rod or Mike for a couple of months.

I just wanted to drop you guys a note to let you know that our new track configuration is up and running now - and you guys are going to really like it. It's now 1530ft long (over a quarter mile). You can view it at the apexkarting.com website. So far everyone that's been on it absolutely loves it. Designed by the current National Indoor Kart Racing Champion, Mike Smith, this course really rewards the technical racer.

Also, with Mike Smith now working for us as our Race Director, we're going to be ready to host a 12 hour enduro for you this winter.

Good luck with the remainder of your racing seasons! Be safe and race hard!

Walker
Apex Karting

A bunched up Speedo is a really bad visual, no matter what age or shape!!!
12 hours eh? That should wear us all out!

Shorts vs. Thongs

You can wear whatever you want! Our only requirements are Full Face Helmet with eye protection, Neck Brace & Closed Toe Shoes......after that it's all optional. However, if you want to race against other, heterosexual men, you're going to have to keep the whole "thong" thing to yourself.......

Walker

Oh yeah, one other thing.....

Right now we are in an open qualifying period for our upcoming Washington Indoor Kart Challange, an event that will crown the Best Indoor Kart Racer in Washington. It is a weight adjusted event (zero weight = 200lbs). Full rules are available on our website. The final event is open to the top 50 drivers - we've got 26 entrants so far - so there's plenty of room. If you're a momentum driver (or a point and shoot that needs some momentum practice) come on down and get into the WIKC. It's going to be a BLAST!!!

Walker

Open Question

Right now I'm working on plates that will hold ballast for the karts. Our upcoming WIKC is a ballasted race (each racer will be brought up to a minimum of 200lbs)

Here's the question: For this winters 12 Heuers de Kartrerra PanOlympia, would you like it to be a ballasted race? If so, we'll make sure we leave the ballast system installed. Think about it. Talk amongst yourselves. Let me know as we get closer.

Walker

Will you change the ballast at driver changes? Or just weight the lightest driver on the team and ballast the kart to 200 total for that driver, and the rest of the drivers carry that ballast too?

What if I weigh 225 as is? Does Ryan H have to drink a beer for competition equalization instead of ballasting? Or should I? Could go either way, not sure what the effect would be...

Ballast? No way...for obvious reasons...

But then I'm not as concerned about that as I am about the thought of Ricky Bobby racing in a thong! (there's a mental for ya...)

Olsen
Team Eye Patch
Defending Champs...or chumps
A 'No Thong' Zone Production

THe new layout is great!

Good job Walker. Great layout. Now, if I could find another 2 seconds ... (the story of my life!).

Dan

i know Mike Smith well we raced a bunch at Sykart down here in the Portland area. he was the one person i had lots of fun racing with. one of our session we went a whole lap side by side giving each other just enough room. when ever we were both on track at the same time it was a toss up who would come out with the fast lap. so much fun.

Back