New Camaro race car

I saw this car at SEMA in October, and it is sweet. I would imagine that the Dodge folks will put their new ride out there as well, so if we only had a retro Javelin to go with these other 3 a 21st Century Trans-Am series could be alive and well!
I did hear that the Trans-Am will be back for 09' and it will be interesting to see what cars show up.

Yes Wes, I was gonna mention the TA possibility for the car too.

New 2009 TA will have 5 races at "select" SCCA National events. The Rose Cup gets one even though it isn't an SCCA National any more (hope they don't lose the TA because of that).

The revival of the series was 'pushed' through by TA car owners. The rules for 2009 are the same as GT1 in order to attract those cars. However, guys who are running GT1 for the runoffs are really pondering whether it's wise to put the extra 2 hours on the engines to run a series with no prize money?

Wonder how similar the Grand Am rules (Camaro target market) are to GT1? Something tells me it's more restricted.

T/A racing

Maybe we can get some geezers like Parnelli, Follmer, Tony A-Z, Gurney, Hall, etc to drive these new Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers in a series?

Now that would be something to see.

Robert Barg

We saw that car at the Grand Am booth at the PRI show in Orlando a few weeks ago. What a cool car! According to the Grand Am official we were chatting with, the actual race car will be slightly different, mainly the front splitter will be a bit more conservative.

I would love to love to see a car built to the same performance specs as our Mustang Challenge cars and have a retro Trans Am series.

Jon

I like the factory GM rear view mirror, complete with OnStar button!

You can just imagine the calm computer generated female voice..."In 300ft as you approach turn 4, punt the driver to your right and then turn-in to the left, sir...."
:D

Slightly off the Camaro topic but tangentially related to the "T/A" series references, there is a new Dodge Challenger at Daytona testing for the Grand Am KONI Sports Car Challenge.

As seen here...
0047.jpg

Should be interesting with Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, et al (assuming they all make the grid this season)

I like the factory GM rear view mirror, complete with OnStar button!

I love this....During a pit stop

OnStar operator, Sir or Madam we have reports of your car driving the same 3.5 miles very quickly, and you've been doing this for nearly 24hours, is everything?

how about this one

sir our blackbox shows repeated front end impacts, are you alright..... excuse me did you say bump drafting?????

Last season the joke in the KONI Challenge Series' paddock was that the Cobalts would dial OnStar during qualifying and request more boost... :rolleyes: ;)

Back