I really need to race!!

Man I miss Seattle and nights at SyKart...

Recently my son and I were invited to take part in a twelve-hour indoor karting endurance race.

We joined SPEEDtv.com's Jade Gurss on his fingerprint inc. team for the 12 Hours of Victory Lane Karting Endurance Race in Charlotte, NC.

We were part of a five driver team that enjoyed an extremely competitive event - with other competitors like NASCAR Cup driver Joey Logano of Joe Gibbs Racing and Jeff Gordon's left front tire changer.

See Jade's SPEEDtv.com column about the event here.

Photo gallery of the event is here.

04.jpg

My son Evan during the event. He did a double stint near the end of the 12 Hours setting the team's quickest time of the race.

I'm in! And if I could fenagle my way onto the same team as the Hieronymuses...er, Hieronymi, all the better!

An Olympia race? Count me in! I live about 5 miles from the kart place here, but haven't managed to get there yet. It would be a great time I am sure!

I participated in a four hour kart enduro at the indoor track that used to be in Fife. Since I was the heaviest participant they paired me with a 13 year old who looked to go maybe 80-85 pounds. Turned out he could wheel a kart as well, and we won by a large margin. My forearms were so pumped by the end that I couldn't close my hands far enough to grip the wheel! It was a great time though. Those carts were fast but weight plays a HUGE part. I was faster than everyone but my partner, and he was a full second quicker than me!

I would be interested in a karting day too. Last week, I went to K1 Speed's location in Orange County, CA, where they have two big tracks in their warehouse. Once a month, the tracks combine to make a huge track. The sessions were organized very well, and there were quite a few folks participating. Is Redmond similar? I also liked the fact that there was no indoor exhaust. Count me in for an enduro or fun day.

where they have two big tracks in their warehouse. Once a month, the tracks combine to make a huge track. The sessions were organized very well, and there were quite a few folks participating. Is Redmond similar?

The Redmond location is under a furniture store the sq-footage is limited. The track is tight and short still fun, but not like what you had the pleasure of driving. Before K1 took over the previous owners had a Seattle location but it closed awhile back.

If I could be so bold as to see if any volunteers would like to take the drivers on.
Outcome could be interesting... ummm entertaining.
Call it a dare if you will.
Maybe we could see if a Canadian contigent would be willing to car pool for it?
(with cheerleaders of course eh Bonnie??)

Back