4th of July race at Mission?

ray_stec

Hello Racers. I am looking for some feedback here. SCCBC has an opportunity to host a Conference race weekend on the 4th of July weekend. My question is, how popular would this be with our American friends? would you/they come? We have lost our traditional Labour day weekend to Indycar so we have experimented with moving our race weekend around. mid season back to back with a PR or PIR race didn't work. An early season event last year didn't work out so well with only 21 racers coming north over the border to race. The only thing that saved the club from a financial disaster was the additional local (non-ICSCC) racers participating in the event. So Mid summer would be the June 20-21 weekend at PIR, July 4-5 at Mission and July 18-19 at PR. I know many wan't to stay closer to home during the 4th of July holiday and the Border may be busy but as I said, just want to put out some feelers. If it looks like there is not a lot of enthusiasm for this proposal, then we may have to go to Plan B, possibly late in the season.
Thanks
Ray Stec - SCCBC e-board rep

Hello Racers. I am looking for some feedback here. SCCBC has an opportunity to host a Conference race weekend on the 4th of July weekend. My question is, how popular would this be with our American friends? would you/they come? We have lost our traditional Labour day weekend to Indycar so we have experimented with moving our race weekend around. mid season back to back with a PR or PIR race didn't work. An early season event last year didn't work out so well with only 21 racers coming north over the border to race. The only thing that saved the club from a financial disaster was the additional local (non-ICSCC) racers participating in the event. So Mid summer would be the June 20-21 weekend at PIR, July 4-5 at Mission and July 18-19 at PR. I know many wan't to stay closer to home during the 4th of July holiday and the Border may be busy but as I said, just want to put out some feelers. If it looks like there is not a lot of enthusiasm for this proposal, then we may have to go to Plan B, possibly late in the season.
Thanks
Ray Stec - SCCBC e-board rep

Howdy !

This is only from one guy, but I plan to race for a championship and run all ICSCC races that I can in 2020 (to celebrate my 50 year anniversary of starting racing ICSCC), but I already have one conflict with May 16/17 @ Pacific (SCCA Majors race @ PIR - because I am trying to go to Runoffs also). I would hate to miss the Mission race, but I plan to run the big SOVREN vintage race at Pacific that weekend, so that is my conflict. Not sure how many others are affected. I don't know available dates at Mission, but August 1/2 might work, no direct race conflict in the NW, but with vintage races a week on either side (PIR & Mission), biggest issue might be 2 weeks in a row at Mission. So I vote for August 1/2 at Mission if available, but July 4th weekend might still be the best if only a few of us are affected...

Just throwing it out there ! Thanks for listening. Mel Kemper FM # 4

Howdy

I planned to run the big July 4/5 SOVREN vintage race at Pacific, might August 1/2 work for an ICSCC race at Mission ? (no direct conflict, but Mission vintage race is the weekend after...)

Not sure how many that would affect, but I want to run the ICSCC race at Mission...

Thanks,
Mel Kemper FM # 4

I know it's not helpful for this year but I'd rather see fewer weekends at PIR if it meant more variety and being able to get folks to Mission at a reasonable time in the season.

I like PIR fine but having Mission always few really early or late in the season is a real inhibitor for some.

For this year I expect the 4th will be less attractive to many. Short of the traffic, I'm not fussed about it.

Jeff McAffer
Pro3 #24

Back