FV thunder at the ridge

MawdsFV87

A few of us are planning to make the Canadian Vee invasion again next month, any conference Vees coming out to join us ?

A few of us are planning to make the Canadian Vee invasion again next month, any conference Vees coming out to join us ?

I won't be racing as I'm not licensed this year - but I'll likely come out and work a corner and get some more credits for next year.

On another note, my Vee is for sale (cheap :) as I plan to switch classes next year - not sure which yet, but CF and FC are most favored. Maybe FM depending on tire cost as there are more of those now than previously.

I won't be racing as I'm not licensed this year - but I'll likely come out and work a corner and get some more credits for next year.

On another note, my Vee is for sale (cheap :) as I plan to switch classes next year - not sure which yet, but CF and FC are most favored. Maybe FM depending on tire cost as there are more of those now than previously.

Go for CF. The 50th is at Road America next September. There will be hundreds of CF/FF's. CF is making a comeback.

Hi Andy ! That’d be great ! Probably older Hoosiers with quite a few heat cycles ..

Last edited:
Perfect, that's exactly what I have on the car.

Old is a subjective term ‘round these parts ;) would be great for you to come on out Andy, running with more than 2-3 vees is pretty fun ;)

FYI there’s 17 registered at Mission this upcoming weekend... 18 if you could make it :) and 19 if Jimmy showed up!! You know FV is where it’s at, keep the car!

On another note, my Vee is for sale (cheap :) as I plan to switch classes next year - not sure which yet, but CF and FC are most favored. Maybe FM depending on tire jobs cost as there are more of those now than previously.

Is it still for sale?

Last edited:
So, slight thread drift here, my FV no longer for sale as I’ve decided to run it again next year, with new disc brakes that are now allowed by the new SCCA rules.

There are some really nice FV’s for sale locally, a Protoform P2 is available from Andy Halbert, an excellent buy at $4500 for fast car AND enclosed trailer!

The Canadians are active (and fast) so if you’re thinking about an inexpensive open wheel class, get an FV and let’s go racing!

Back