May the odds be ever in your favor.

Interesting thread. I was thinking about the contact issue last week and was pleasantly surprised by the 2-4-8 hour Enduro we just had at PIR. I don't recall seeing any contact despite multi hours of racing. Nor do I recall seeing any damaged cars in the paddock from conatct with other cars. Plenty of damaged cars from parts breaking, but that's enduro racing.
Maybe it's because in the 2-4-8 hour races we all know there will be multiple chances to make a pass before the race ends so there's no reason to risk ending your race or your competitors' to take that on the edge pass opportunity.

When I compare ICSCC endurance racing to what I've seen at Lucky Dog/Chump Car, there is NO comparison. A few years ago at the end of the Chump Car race at PIR I walked the paddock and at least 90% of the cars were damaged from car to car contact. Of course the Conference racing field is much smaller than those fields, so we have more room to maneuver, but that doesn't come close to explaining the difference in contact.

I thoroughly enjoy or NWMECS racing and would never go back to Lucky Dog style races as long as we continue to have our own enduro series. At least not in a car I own!

And big thanks to all the folks who make ICSCC racing a fun and safe place to be. 2018 was great!

Remember the old days when group 3 was always being called for aggressive driving? I miss those days of real hard racing wheel to wheel with no fenders. But then again I am an OW snob, and damn proud of it...

Remember the old days when group 3 was always being called for aggressive driving? I miss those days of real hard racing wheel to wheel with no fenders. But then again I am an OW snob, and damn proud of it...

30353670945_fa7b72cf48_t.jpg

I remember watching those races. Great racing.

There was lots of great racing in groups 1 and 4 back then too. I remember being in the middle of them.

Last edited:
Back