Formula F: Honda and Ford Kent engines?

I understand you are running SCCA 2009 rules for Formula F. Do you have many Honda engined cars and are they faster than the Kent engined cars?

As far as I understand it, the 2009 GCR rule implies to the base rules for CF for engine and chassis. Formula F adheres to the current SCCA GCR's for engine rules, but does not require the spec Hoosier tire.

Honda engine cars primarily show up for test time for SCCA, but the drivers are no faster than CF cars. If you are looking for if Honda is better than the Kent, look at the 2017 Runoffs qualifying sheet.

jharvey; SCCA Runoffs at IMS show first Kent/Ford race finisher in 10th. place!
So it would appear that Hondas rule on faster tracks but you say they are no faster at 'your track', where are you racing?

You didn’t read my post. Look at the qualifying for the runoffs.

Mission is not a track that determines the performance of any car much outside of a go kart. At real racetracks, the Honda and the Kent are very close. Only tracks that the Honda would have an advantage would be at a go kart track like Mission.

The only person that is fast in a Honda from the northwest is Rick Payne, but his Honda is only run in SCCA.

I just ran the Major at Thunderhill over the weekend. My dog dirt old Ford was faster than many Honda's there, and it was my first time at the track, and first race in 10 years. One more session I would have been in the 57's for sure, until the disadvantage.

The disadvantage the Ford has, which I suffered from on Sunday morning, is explosion. My old crank finally gave up the ghost and blew in spectacular fashion, taking the block with it. Byproduct of old parts. My new engine will have all forged internals, and a good 10 horsepower more than my old one...

So no, I'm not a dreamer. With my Ford power, I will beat even more Honda's this year.

Back